Where to find faceplates for Jetsetter jets

6010fd12

Hi, is there a replacment part for this JJ2R1631 jet faceplate?

I'm specifically only looking for the chrome cover that goes on the jet, the jet itself is fine.

If it's not avaliable then what can I do to fix the rust?

I know the cause of the rust was due to too high of chlorine concentration

20230829_160359.jpg

20230829_160351.jpg

They don't sell just the "faceplate" for jets as far as I'm aware - you need to buy an entire replacement jet off ebay or elsewhere and simply screw it into the tub.

My 2019 has a slightly different design, so you might need to buy an older stock model.  If you can't find online, you may need to contact a local hotspring dealer to see if they have any old stock inventory.

On 9/7/2023 at 10:01 AM, 6010fd12 said:

If it's not avaliable then what can I do to fix the rust?

The metal surface is essentially electroplated onto the plastic.   A rust inhibitor will slow it down, but that would contaminate the water.   Rust will spread on the surface, so the only thing you could do is sand down to eliminate all signs of rust and deal with the imperfections since there is essentially no easy affordable way to vapor-electroplate a plastic part again (there are industrial methods natch, but not easily available to the average consumer).

42 minutes ago, ratchett said:

The metal surface is essentially electroplated onto the plastic.

I'll check when I get home but are you sure it's metal electroplated onto plastic? The only reason why I ask is because in the second picture you can see that there are little tabs that are bent inwards to "hug" the plastic body which leads me to believe that it's just some type of sheet metal that has a electroplated finish on it. I think this makes the most sense because correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe a chrome finish by itself will rust.

• Like 1

Ah yeah my mistake - my Jetsetter jets are different in shape/design.  Didn't realize yours was a metal plate with tabs.

11 hours ago, 6010fd12 said:

Yup, just as I thought it's made of metal with a chrome coating. Would I be able to get a place to put a new chrome coating on it for cheap?

There are places that will re-chrome parts for automobile shops.  The chemicals used in the process are quite toxic so I would advise against any sort of DIY electroplating kits, HOWEVER I would search around for any Automotive Electroplating shops and ask them if they do chrome.  

For the price however, you're still dealing with a part which has already begun oxidizing.  You can chemically treat to inhibit the oxidization, but I don't know if it fully ceases the chemical reaction (maybe someone knows better than myself).  Might be spending a lot of money on something which might not last very long.  I still you're better off grabbing some spare old stock parts from ebay or buying direct from your local Hotspring dealer.  Know that all Hotspring Highlife spas from the same year use the same jets (envoy, grandee, aria, vanguard, etc) - sometimes I see people in my local classifieds selling spare jets (heck my dealer even tossed in a spare jet for me to try since my Jetsetter didn't come with one of them, and I bought an extra jet I like more so now I have two spares for my 2019 haha)