Hotspring envoy kk jets and heat shut off simultaneously

Hello house newly purchased, has the envoy kk in the house but cut into the floor “ pain in butt to get to anything” well one day I was relaxing looking at the lake and jets shut off but I could hear C-pump running and lights were on I reset all the breaks and no luck and saw heat fall down to room temp as well. I decided to drain tub completely in case it was air locked and probably about time anyways for freshwater and filter cleaning. Refilled tub and still no jets or heater. But lights on the board all working properly and lights on panel working properly as well. Any suggestions would be great and much appreciated. 15 hours of planet of the ape style starring at this thing🥲IMG_4786.thumb.png.23bc06510edc4d2a62e547037b0c87ac.png

has the envoy kk in the house but cut into the floor “ pain in butt to get to anything”

Ugh, why do people insist it's still the 80's and want to put a spa flush with the floor?  This is exactly what happens. 

My good friend's father built a custom house 40 years ago and submerged a jacuzzi in a "vault" then built the room around it.  Go figure the shell cracked a decade later and they couldn't fix it. There was no space to remove the jacuzzi and install a new one without tearing out a whole wall, so they simply boarded it up with hardwood flooring.  Rumor is the jacuzzi is still in there to this day! 

What a pain, that really stinks

well one day I was relaxing looking at the lake and jets shut off but I could hear C-pump running and lights were on I reset all the breaks and no luck and saw heat fall down to room temp as well. I decided to drain tub completely in case it was air locked and probably about time anyways for freshwater and filter cleaning. Refilled tub and still no jets or heater. But lights on the board all working properly and lights on panel working properly as well. Any suggestions would be great and much appreciated. 15 hours of planet of the ape style starring at this thing🥲

Is the circulation pump still running to keep water flowing?  Maybe you see bubbles from the bottom heater vent (coming from an ozonator which is long since dead, but the mazzei injector is still sucking air into the system lol)

It sounds like your spa could be in a protect-mode. This happens when a temperature-sensor has failed.  Basically the spa's temperature sensor is too far out of expected range, and as such the spa has disabled the heater to protect the unit from damage because it doesn't know what temperature the water is (too cold, or too hot) - so it runs the circulation pump to keep things from freezing up.

Normally this is easy to test and fix - you can use a multimeter to test the resistance of the temp sensor - compare it to a Watkins Temperature resistor chart to see if it's reading approximately the correct temperature for the water. If the reading is too far off, then it's cheap/easy to replace the temp sensor.

HOWEVER in your situation, you need to figure out how to jack the tub up and out of the vault so you can reach the front access panel (which should be located below the main control panel).

But I'm not a professional - just a Hotspring Highlife spa nerd who spends too much time in the discussion groups.  I could be completely wrong, so ignore my advice over pros lol

• 2 weeks later...

So I checked the ohms on both and both reading 13.4 which is very close to my waters temp so don’t think that is it don’t understand how jets and heater turned off same time and circ pump and all lights are on like they should be has to be some sort of protection mode that I can reset. Also I noticed these two tubes dry I know I drained and added new water since pumps have ran but figured they would fill too 

IMG_8903.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 10:58 AM, Hottubin32 said:

So I checked the ohms on both and both reading 13.4

Those thermistors are in the tens of thousands of ohms. 13.4 is not a reading. If it's 13.4k you need a more accurate reading, as a difference of even a hundred ohms can trigger errors. But your thermistors are fine as far as the board is concerned, judging by the green "lim ok" light on the board being on. Also, at the time of this pic the circuit board believed it was turning on the heater.

If the spa is shut down for any error the lights by the control pad will blink. Any blinking lights? If not, it thinks it's working.

The heater and pump are usually on different circuits, but check the breakers anyway. Also check voltages, as this behavior could be a dropped leg on a breaker. The controls and sometimes circ pump are 120v while the main pump and heater are 240v, so if you lost a leg you may still have controls but no 240v equipment.