Sundance/hot Springs

SPAME

Ive narrowed my search to these to brands.Im going to wet test today.I am being offered a CHELSEE out the door with no stereo for 6995.00 plus tax.I am also being offered a Tiger River BENGAL at 7000.00 out the door tax include,set up,delivery etc.GOOD DEALS?I personally like the fit for my body alot more on the Sundance models over Hot Springs.

Ive narrowed my search to these to brands.Im going to wet test today.I am being offered a CHELSEE out the door with no stereo for 6995.00 plus tax.I am also being offered a Tiger River BENGAL at 7000.00 out the door tax include,set up,delivery etc.GOOD DEALS?I personally like the fit for my body alot more on the Sundance models over Hot Springs.

Sounds like a goos deal to me.

I've had my Sundance Cameo for 11+ years without major incident.

I do think that Hot Springs is slightly higher in overall quality though.

Sounds like a goos deal to me.

I've had my Sundance Cameo for 11+ years without major incident.

I do think that Hot Springs is slightly higher in overall quality though.

That seems high for a Bengal. I think between these two, I would choose the Chelsee.

These were the same 2 brands I short-listed as well!! I was looking in 7' size range and narrowed it to Sundance Cayman/Certa and HS Prodigy/Bengal. Finally went with Cayman at $6500+tx - just yesterday ...

Just got done wet testing a few tubs at the rocklin sundance.I have to say they have been great to me as far as NO PRESSURE.That has meant more to me than i can say.I have narrowed my search to the 06 PALERMO floor model.They are filling it up for me right now and i am going back with my daughter tonight to wet test it.We havent really discussed price but im guessing around 7k give or take 500.Is this a fair deal?I tell you what the way they have gone about doin business with me has been hassle free so far.Anyhow im gettin excited to purchase a spa and wanted to know if that was a fair price.Thanks

Wet tested the polermo with my daughter after they tranfered water from one tub into the palermo.It wasnt very warm only about 90 deg. but that was fine for what i wanted to do.Man im so dissapointed in the Jets on the loungers.This model has a side by side one full lounger and the other right next to it a half lounger.The jets on those were almost piercing like and very uncomfortable but the lounger itself for me fit very well.Man decisions.They are going to try and put something different in the jets to soften them.Anybody else know what im talkin about on this model.There is no adjustment on these jets on the lounger either just air bubble adjustments.Bumbed out to say the least because i Love the layout.

Hi Spame,

I know that the Palermo is quite a bit cheaper, but you may want to look at the Cameo, the lounger in that spa fit me so well that nothing compared. You may be able to find it for around $8K. The jets were comfortable all around the spa. The whirlpool jet was the best for deep tissue massage.

Good luck!

-Ron

This is a great example of why the wet test is so important. My wife thought the jets on the Palermo/Hamilton were the best of all the spas she tested and I thought they were pretty good with and then without the air in the lounger. The layout was perfect, also.

Everone has different ideas about headrests, arm chairs and stuff like that. To anyone shopping, wet test, wet test, wet test. The one we liked the best on paper had a layout where our meaty thighs were bumping into each other...a little footsie is okay and expected, but bumping thighs is a huge problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Does the Chelsee include the CD ozone? If so, that's about $500 less than what I'm being offered in the Seattle area. My price with steps, ozone, cover lifter and an umbrella (to keep out the rain) is $8,000. We really liked the configuration of the Chelsee and do not want a lounger. The jets seemed to be powerful without pushing me into the center and we really like the foot jets in the middle of the tub. Seems to have enough power for circulation and jets.

Good luck!

Hi Spame,

I know that the Palermo is quite a bit cheaper, but you may want to look at the Cameo, the lounger in that spa fit me so well that nothing compared. You may be able to find it for around $8K. The jets were comfortable all around the spa. The whirlpool jet was the best for deep tissue massage.

Good luck!

-Ron

Wow, $8K for the Cameo is a good price. From what I've seen it usually goes between $9000-$10,000.

If you like the Palermo/Hamilton layout, you might look at the Marin. It also has the lounger next to the half lounger. It "retails" near me for $8500, so you may be able to get it for about $8K. I know that's higher than you're looking right now, but all the jets are adjustable, and it's in their top-of-the line series. The Hot Spring Envoy also has a lounger & half lounger, just not right next to each other. Not sure on the pricing for that model, but you might be within your budget.

• 1 month later...

From an electricans viewpoint,

Sundance is my choice since I've wired 200 or more over the years.

I believe that they outperform all the rest..and I've seen many different brands!

I live in the midwest, and the price of the tiger river bengal is approx. $1000.00 more than I was quoted when I was shopping different areas have different prices. did you wet test the bengal and was it wired for 220v. ??

I'd like to point out once again that we're responding to really old threads. Prices have probably changed.