Sundance Spa, not heating and intermittent FL1 code

mwippern

Hello all, 

I have recently been experiencing some issues with an 8 year old Sundance spa that I own. 

I went to check my spa today and noticed that the water temp was 65F. The red heating LED on the control panel was ON, and bubbles/flow was coming out of the hot water outlet. When I placed my hand over that outlet, the water that was coming out was not very warm. I turned on the jets... first button 1, both speeds, and then button 2... only one set of jets at a time. While the jets were running the red heating LED would turn off, and at some point the FL1 code would flash. 

I tried removing the filter cartridge to ensure it wasn't causing a flow restriction. I also moved the flow knobs on the tub to ensure that water was flowing through all jets. The behavior continued and the water doesn't seem to be warming up. 

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience, or if anyone would have any further troubleshooting tips so I can try to identify exactly what might be wrong. I have contacted sundance and they think they could come out in the next 2 weeks :)

any help would be appreciated.