Artesian rio elite blowing fuse

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have an artesian spas, Rio elite with the Balboa controller, and after sitting most of the summer without being used, I went to clean it out and realized it hasn’t been filtering so after cleaning the water and changing everything I replace the fuse F7, which is a 2 amp 250 V fuse and the minute I give it power from the breaker. It blows it. I know a lot of people on here like looking at photos and can probably help me out so hopefully someone knows what could be going on with it. I’ve looked over all the wires and nothing looks like it’s been chew through by rodents or came disconnected. In the photos I’ve circled the fuse that blows. I spoke with balboa who stated that fuse controls the entire 240v system 

D24E5D1A-EDA9-4062-A562-C6D83A245E4A.jpeg

8A21E7A4-5708-4395-A5D1-F88B1711E8AB.jpeg

209AE022-98EF-4966-918A-1F0618F45CC2.jpeg

EEK...

Yes to the bad board, HOWEVER, I had a similar issue where the touch screen topside was blowing that fuse.

The one below it is the same value, and runs peripheral lights and salt systems and the like.

Unplug the spa side controller, (Touch Screen) , swap fuses, and re boot.

If she holds, then you need a spa side controller.

If she blows, the transformer is bad, ....Board...and you need 2 fuses.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I took the board to a PCB repair shop who looked at it under thermal. They couldn’t find anything wrong with the board itself. I have tried unplugging various plugs then starting it and it blows the fuse immediately. I essentially got tired of buying a $10 pack of assorted fuses in order to get the one I needed but I am going to go back and keep trying to unplug things I suppose. I have tried unplugging the top controller but it blew the fuse as well. 

Can be hard to diagnose. I might (power off) go back through all the wire connections in the gfci and where the wires enter the pack. Make sure they are all tight and making good connections. Disconnect each wire and look for burnt or darkened wire ends that might have been arcing.