heater problems

schup

I have a Balboa CL501x1 .  NO heat.  I have 120 volts on the heater.  SHould be 240.  NO error codes on the display.  I get the 120v from the right side of the board.  I have 120v immediately after turning on the breaker.  During the 6 second trial, the heat light comes on, but I still have only 120v at the heater, and no amp draw.  Heater is 4kw and shows 14.5ohms.  I've checked the back of the board.  There was one post that was cold, but that was re-soldered.  I'm thinking the board is bad.  Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

You were right.  It was a blown relay.  Once i got the board out, I noticed a cold solder post on this relay.  But, the relay was also fried.  Replaced it with a relay that has the extra post on the top of the relay.  This allowed me to wire a parallel circuit to cut the current draw in the circuit board.  I didn't think putting 16 amps thru a circuit board was good practice.

• Like 1