Arctic Spas - No topside display (but backlight working) No sounds from inside

I am unsure of the exact model / year. This was a hottub we inherited.

This morning the topside panel had a message of 'ERR' and none of the buttons worked. I cut the power at the breaker, and reapplied power. The topside panel then did not display any icons or message, but the backlight is on.

I have checked the fuses within the panel, and all appear be have unbroken continuity.

Is there any way to test with jumpers, or some other configuration to see if it's the topside panel that is the problem, or the main board, or any other things that are reasonably easily checked?

Funds are tight due to a new baby in the house, so I'm trying not to throw money at it if not absolutely needed.

I have uploading images of the topside panel and main board for indentification.

IMG_0992.jpeg

IMG_0996.jpeg

https://issuu.com/geckomkt/docs/mc_mp_ce_as_service_manual_en

Are you sure it was ERR and not PRR?.. PRR is for a regulator issue and don't think it has to do with your current issue.

Disconnect the topside and reconnect. If it still doesn't work the only way you can test the topside is to have another one for testing. Do the pumps turn on automatically on start up like normal just no display? 

If you have to replace here is the generic part. Should be a lot cheaper than an Arctic Spa Original. Won't have the same shape or Arctic logo but it is the same topside just square and will work and fit just fine

You need a Gecko TSC-8 / K8 make sure it comes with an overlay sticker that matches your button configuration.

Do not confuse with an IN.K8 as it as a different plug connector

https://www.hottuboutpost.com/tsc-8-k-8-gecko-topside-0200-007194-with-overlay/

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

I am certain it said ERR. I've had the same message before, and a power cycle cleared it for a few months use.

Currently when i power on, I get no activity from insite the tub, no jets, etc. I do however get a click (sounds much like a relay) when cutting power to the tub.

I've tried reseating the topside panel, and cleaning the connector with electrical contact cleaner, but no change.

I've also reached out to AC Spas who has offered the same topside and overlay sticker currently is use for $330 CAD, so not far off the TSC-8 you linked. I would love to be able to test this before purchse, but not sure where I'd look to see if possible. Any chance there's a community in NA that swaps or lends parts?