IQ 2020 Control Board Question

John Moore

Can anybody tell me what the constant red LED on my control board means? The LED is located next to the marking D21 and below marking F51. The other LED's that are lit are Limit OK which is constant green and PWR ON which is flashing green. On the outside of the tub the Hotsprings Logo lights are both flashing too.

I have checked the and fitted the following;

1. New filter.

2. New High Limit Sensor.

3. Checked circ pump for air lock - all clear.

4. Tried new circ pump but to no avail.

I want to confirm these LED's before I start investigating possible blockage.

Cheers

Post pics of circuit board.

Many IQ2020 systems do not use a pressure/flow switch. The flow switch connection on the board may just have a jumper on it. If not, you can jumper that for testing. If it works while jumpered it is an open switch, which can be a bad switch, a chewed wire or loose connection, or a flow issue.

I recommend replacing both thermistors at once. You can test them with an ohm meter in the 20k ohm range.

• 2 weeks later...

I've no idea how much these IQ2020 PCB's have changed over the years, but on my 2009, when the red LED is lit, it's indicating the board is calling for the Heater to be on.  

It required the pressure switch to either be working or bypassed to make the red light come on.

There are some pictures here of my IQ2020 PCB for comparison.  I don't have a Power LED, only the limit one, so it sounds like it might have changed a bit.

• 8 months later...