Tiger River Spas V. Hs

eke

spa Dr. Where are you located?

Didn't I tell you?

guess I don't understand this question? : "why would a consumer come to you for warranty service if there are many local dealers

consumers don't, local dealers do, I help with overflow for some dealers, other dealers I am their service dept. I don't tie myself down to one brand

• 2 months later...

I don't know of anyone who sells a HotSpring for $2500 more than a comparable Tiger River. $1000 maybe, but $2500, I don't think so.

I think Jim exagerates the differences in prices a little. Jim it would be great if you could not knock down other Spa companies. All every consumer wants is a little advice and knowledge on what is true. Also every Spa company out there has to make a profit. From what I've seen none of them give away a spa. so if you don't like their prices You could buy a cheap spa to last you a few years or build your own Spa.

I think Jim exagerates the differences in prices a little. Jim it would be great if you could not knock down other Spa companies. All every consumer wants is a little advice and knowledge on what is true. Also every Spa company out there has to make a profit. From what I've seen none of them give away a spa. so if you don't like their prices You could buy a cheap spa to last you a few years or build your own Spa.

I think Jim has departed this forum.

I think Jim has departed this forum.

If the price of a spa seems way cheeper than another spa of the same manufacturer the chances are that one is making less of a markup. If so than see how long the business that has the lower prices have been in business. If they have been in business less than 5 years be skeptical because how long can a company go on for undercutting prices or aka preditory pricing? Company has to profit to stay in business to longer serve the happy customers. 2 places by me within the last 2 months folded that way and alot of the customers come to my store for chemicals and we recommend them to someone to service there tubs because we dont want to bother trying to find parts for the Cal spa, leisurebay, and master spa and three rivers. We only service our own most of the time.

Jim is way off on his figures and a perfect example of what is wrong with our industry. There will always be customers out there that are focused only on price but most customers realize a dealer needs to make a profit to survive and to support the products that he offers.

Jim is way off on his figures and a perfect example of what is wrong with our industry. There will always be customers out there that are focused only on price but most customers realize a dealer needs to make a profit to survive and to support the products that he offers.

God help the spa shoppers.

I can't help it.

Another friggin' Hot Spring salesman who has been drinking the (kool aid) sales crap of Hot Spring.

One of the things about Hot Spring is they are everywhere, like caca. Low quality and bad safety issues like catching fire, because of the non ANSI heater.

The name is so apropos. "Sharkman". God help the consumers.

Gotta hand it to you Jim - it took a few days for you to launch the personal attack rhetoric and make the (false) claim that HotSpring has "Safety Issues."

But we all knew it would come sooner or later.

I am curious though, how are you doing with obtaining an ETL listing for your modified tubs?

Gotta hand it to you Jim - it took a few days for you to launch the personal attack rhetoric and make the (false) claim that HotSpring has "Safety Issues."

I am curious though, how are you doing with obtaining an ETL listing for your modified tubs?

Wow now hotsprings catch fire??? This is a major saftey concern that I would have but at least there would be water accessable to cool off from the fire. :P

God help the spa shoppers.

Jim,

You take it upon yourself to assume to much. First of all you have absolutely no idea what I sell! Second of all my history is in service and I do know what it costs to build each of the tubs that you were knocking. If you want to make an argument for your position on something the least you could do is get your figures right. But then again if you did that you would find out your wrong.

Chas,

I was wondering which one of the people in your picture is you? Im assuming the lady or does George Clooney have an alias and sell spas on the side?

Chas,

I was wondering which one of the people in your picture is you? Im assuming the lady or does George Clooney have an alias and sell spas on the side?

That's no lady, that's my wife!

Actually, I don't remember why I chose that avitar... I used to change avitars every week, but started getting busy and I left that one in place. I think we were talking about George and/or a movie at the time.

I had one person tell me they thought I looked just like Mr. Clooney, but they were trying to sell me something at the time so I sorta discounted it. In fact, I think I finally just chuckeld and hung up the phone...

:rolleyes:

That's no lady, that's my wife!

Actually, I don't remember why I chose that avitar... I used to change avitars every week, but started getting busy and I left that one in place. I think we were talking about George and/or a movie at the time.

I had one person tell me they thought I looked just like Mr. Clooney, but they were trying to sell me something at the time so I sorta discounted it. In fact, I think I finally just chuckeld and hung up the phone...

:rolleyes:

Sorry about that! You better be careful and dont let your wife see your answer to that question. If my wife heard me say that I'd be in it deep.

Dont you love that when you get sales people that come in and try to sell you something and they either tell you how good looking you are or they look at the spas and say, "I'm ready to get one of these in the next week or so. Which one is the biggest? Oh and by the way while I'm here let me show you our magazine I'd like you to advertise in."

Dont you love that when you get sales people that come in and try to sell you something and they either tell you how good looking you are or they look at the spas and say, "I'm ready to get one of these in the next week or so. Which one is the biggest? Oh and by the way while I'm here let me show you our magazine I'd like you to advertise in."

Yup - I can usually spot 'em. If they are carrying a little case or valise they are salesfolk. If they ask me if I'm the owner, they are sales folk. There are other more subtle ways, but to be polite I can't just boot 'em out. They sure do take up time though.

And we just moved one of our stores - so our name and address had to be published again. Wow. There are folks who walk in assuming that we are a new business - those are the worst. They feel like they are the answer to all our problems...

Yup - I can usually spot 'em. If they are carrying a little case or valise they are salesfolk. If they ask me if I'm the owner, they are sales folk. There are other more subtle ways, but to be polite I can't just boot 'em out. They sure do take up time though.

And we just moved one of our stores - so our name and address had to be published again. Wow. There are folks who walk in assuming that we are a new business - those are the worst. They feel like they are the answer to all our problems...

Or the customers that say dont you have a location somewhere else?