2011 Caldera Utopia - Blinking Power & Ready 50F.

JippAlbert

Hello - I just resurrected a hot tub that has been winterized for at least 3 seasons in a garage.

I just had this tub moved to my location and I have it powered up running- The tub runs I have bubbles, circulation, lights but no HEAT. I tried to enter cleaning mode but I guess with the flashing it wont enter that mode. 

What additional details can I provide. What do I do next? 

• JippAlbert changed the title to 2011 Caldera Utopia - Blinking Power & Ready 50F.

Could be a failed sensor (thermistor) putting your spa into a failsafe mode (circulation pump running to keep water flowing through the filter, but not activating the heater).   My 2 year old Hotspring Jetsetter had a failed thermistor and basically the same symptoms (except my lcd screen told me it was in protect mode and to call the dealer for service)

5 hours ago, JippAlbert said:

I tried to enter cleaning mode

Clean mode simply runs the jet pump for 10 minutes and then shuts it off.

5 hours ago, JippAlbert said:

What do I do next? 

If you have a multimeter you can test the impedance of the thermistor to see if it's reading in the right zone (don't quote me but I think it's in the 10k to 15k range, but I might be wrong).  They're cheap and easy enough to replace.  I believe there are two temperature sensors on your spa, so you might as well replace both while you're at it (if one failed, the other one has a higher probability of failing in the near future as well).