Red Light - Control Unplugged no circulation after refill

Brian Slone

I have a Hot Springs Prodigy H hot tub.  I replaced the IQ2020 board, Circ Pump, and Aux Panel about 4 months ago and it has ran great ever since.  But I just drained and refilled it, when I turn it on the circ pump started running but bubbled kind of hard (maybe air lock, not sure) and the Control panel flashed red light.  I powered off and ran water down through to push any air out then turned it back on and now the circ pump doesn't fire at all, and the control panel unplugged light is on on the board.  I attached a pic of the board, the LIM OK light is green, then there is a green light  on the heater relay part of the board as well.  I just bought the board and circ pump 4 months ago so I hope its not bad again.  Voltage wise I get 220 and 120 on the board as I should, but am showing 0 on the circ pump.  Any ideas are appreciated, thanks in advance.

1642565053_hottubboard.jpg

22 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

Nothing will work with the control unplugged. Check your connections and wire. Could it have got the board or control wet during the fill?

Everything appears to be dry inside.  I didn't take the topside control off to see if there is any moisture in it yet.  I did unplug the topside control from the board and reattached it to make sure it was secure.  

In these circumstances I plug in a different control, which is easy when you have a truck full of parts. I wish I had a more helpful answer, but watkins controls are not repairman friendly, if you know what I mean. Any other controls and we could put a finger on it, but it's kinda guesswork on a watkins. Just one of the many things I love about them. 🙄

8 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

In these circumstances I plug in a different control, which is easy when you have a truck full of parts. I wish I had a more helpful answer, but watkins controls are not repairman friendly, if you know what I mean. Any other controls and we could put a finger on it, but it's kinda guesswork on a watkins. Just one of the many things I love about them. 🙄

Thanks, I may have to do that, backyardplus does allow return but with a 20% restocking fee. 

Question from your previous response, you said nothing will run with the control panel unplugged, are you sure the circ pump shouldn't run? I am pretty sure it ran when I replaced the board and had the control panel ribbon plugged in backwards initially.  Is there a fuse on the board for the circ pump that you know of?