Jacuzzi J-315 Vs Hotsprings Jetsetter Or Sundance Metro

sb-indy

New forum member, I had an old Down East Spa, had for 10+ years and retired it. Looking to save some deck space and have narrowed my search to the Jacuzzi J-315, Sundance Metro, both at $5K, and the Hotsprings Jetsetter. ( The local Hotsprings dealer has turned me off...). I guess I'm looking for feedback on these models and if the price seems right.

All include the same options, delivery, setup, chemicals, cover, good warranty, steps, Ozone, LED etc..

I personally am leaning to the Jacuzzi. Any feedback much appreicated!

Thanks

Steve

Sounds like you're from new england, owning a downeast. Better not have been one of my HS stores that turned you off. That's too bad you were treated as you were, I really think it's the dealer who makes any spa great.

Thanks for your reply. Actually I'm from Indy. I was impressed with the HS products, just turned off by the chest beating sales guy / owner who claims everything else out there was junk. Being in sales myself, there are tactful ways of talking about competition and not talking down to the customer ....

Anyway - I actually bought the Downeast spa on a total whim. Drove by, thought it looked nice, wham bam out 3 grand... Kind of like buying a boat, your first one really shows you what to look for in your next one.

I appreicate your reply. Thanks.

New forum member, I had an old Down East Spa, had for 10+ years and retired it. Looking to save some deck space and have narrowed my search to the Jacuzzi J-315, Sundance Metro, both at $5K, and the Hotsprings Jetsetter. ( The local Hotsprings dealer has turned me off...). I guess I'm looking for feedback on these models and if the price seems right.

All include the same options, delivery, setup, chemicals, cover, good warranty, steps, Ozone, LED etc..

I personally am leaning to the Jacuzzi. Any feedback much appreicated!

Thanks

Steve

Sorry about the last reply, hit wrong key! I'v had a Jetsetter for the past three years. I had one problem with it. The heater blew out in the second year, was replaced under warranty. Yes, I also found my the sales person to be a little obnoxious. I fell in love the Jetsetter. I am the only one who used it most of the time. It cannot fit 3 average size people! The water is displaced big time and you will have to do some refilling after you get out. Also, the ozone thing to me is a waste of $$$. Got rid of it after two months becasue I was having a hard time keeping the water clear and clean.Unfortunately, I have to sell mine because we are moving and cannot have one at our new community. All in all, I think it's worth the extra bucks. Rikikitty

What Indy store did you visit? I bought my vanguard at the Hotsprings West store on rockville. I knew going in it was the tub I wanted. Sure the sales people can be annoying but I compare them to used car salesman. Know what you want and why you want it before you walk in. That way you can let all the BS float over your head and concentrate on getting the best deal.

My advice is to read the forums and become knowledgeable before you even set foot in a store. Both this forum and another great one is:

Great Hottub Forum

Thanks for your reply. Actually I'm from Indy. I was impressed with the HS products, just turned off by the chest beating sales guy / owner who claims everything else out there was junk. Being in sales myself, there are tactful ways of talking about competition and not talking down to the customer ....

Anyway - I actually bought the Downeast spa on a total whim. Drove by, thought it looked nice, wham bam out 3 grand... Kind of like buying a boat, your first one really shows you what to look for in your next one.

I appreicate your reply. Thanks.

Sounds like you're from new england, owning a downeast. Better not have been one of my HS stores that turned you off. That's too bad you were treated as you were, I really think it's the dealer who makes any spa great.

Dealer? Makes any spa great? Absolutly correct, ;) so long as he can get the warranty service done in one week or less!