Missing Cover Metal Plates for Lifter mount. Suggestions welcome

serge9898

I needed a new cover and I could not wait for the 20 w leadtime at Hotspring. I ordered a cover at MyCoverSpa and just received it after 5 weeks.

It looks great and totally identical to my current cover. Except it doesn't have the metal plates for the lifter mount!..   😞
The Model is Hotsping Jetsetter Model J with a Cover Cradle 2 lifter.
Would anyone have a suggestion to salvage this new cover?
- Screw in the EPS foam with longer screws (or insert a rod) and use some kind of glue/celant?
- Glue (+ screw) metal plates on the vinyl cover...
- Cut the cover to add the metal plates (How the are the original plate attached? glued, screwed?)
- Add a brace around the cover...

Any suggestions ?
(Indeed I could trash it and order an new one! But this is a question for a good creative handyman on how I could save the situation!! I know I should have ordered the metal plate and I didn't. So no need to remind me this painful part!)

Actually I found the solution but I still need handymen's help!

There is a zipper that allowed me to remove the EPS foam insert. I salvaged the 4 metal plates from the old cover.
I will glue the metal plates on the EPS insert of the new cover.
Questions:

• What kind of glue should I use to bond EPS and metal? they also seems to use a sort of tape (G on the picture)
  • The used a mesh fabrix to reinforce the EPS: What is it? Fiber glass mesh?? (M on the pics)

Cover EPS insert.jpg

Metal Plate.JPG

• 3 years later...