Gecko IN.XE-5-11-H4.0

Limeyjon

I have had one on order for a customer through Dynasty for almost 2 months now. Can't find one locally through my suppliers and thought ordering through Dynasty (I have an account and am factory authorized tech for almost 20 years with them) would be the quickest way. I think that Gecko production is only focused on their mew "Y" series and only being sold to spa manufacturers for the most part. The older X series packs are getting a back seat.

10 hours ago, Limeyjon said:

YE5K200 spa pack

You would have to make a lot of changes. Swap all the component wiring that attaches to the spa pack (pumps, stereo/light power supply cords, ozone wiring to match the new pack that uses AMP cords. The topside will have to change and would likely need the block out plate to cover the old opening in the shell to fit the smaller topside. Not sure the black stereo remote in the spa beside the topside would work in the new pack if it has one. 

What is the issue with the original pack? Have you tried to get it repaired?

I have recently seen the in.xe 5 with the "H4.0" have issues on the low current side of the board. Symptom is the spa continuously resetting it's self. My local electronics guy is able to fix this issue for fairly cheap. Stuck/burnt relays are also fixable in most cases.

Where are you located? 

I am near Milton, ON. Yeah the dreaded HR death code. Suggest the guys at https://www.poolandhottubdepot.com/ in London ON for retail parts. think @RF_Burns made this swap (X series to Y series) and might be able to chime in on what changes he had to make if he is still checking in on the site.

• 8 months later...

Reviving and old topic here, but what has been found on code HR ? Limeyjon, a non repairable memory issue.. Software corrupted on the spa pack ?

I've took one apart, and it seems there is a nice 25LC54 eeprom on there, that is probably holding the needed code.

I wonder, can a dump from a working gecko unit be reprogrammed into a non-working HR pack ? I know there a build differences, but would it work anyhow, if you say.. Take the dump from a board with every option enabled, and load it into one with less options... It would do any harm ? I'd think not

Oh well.