Sealing Jets

I have a hot tub that I think is leaking around several jets because it has set a few years without being used.  The tub is in great shape except for a few jets leaking.  Is it possible to seal all of the jets with silicon and pieces of  1/8 or 1/4 lexan except maybe four jets to circulate the water?  I know most of the hoses would need to be taken off and the outlets sealed off.  I don’t really have to have jets.  A soaking tub without worrying about leaks is more favorable to me.  Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Tchurch66
Better wording

Most of the time I will just back the nut off on the backside of the jet (inside the cabinet) without cutting any lines and push the jet body forward a few inches and remove any old seal on the bather/acrylic side and remove any old silicone from where the nut was backed off inside the cabinet and the re-silicone on both sides and re tighten the nut. 

• Like 1