Jets not working

Jason Milton

hi.

I have a a CD custom built spa with a Balboa vs 500 control centre. When I turn on the jets,There is a loud click in the control centre and then a continuous humming noise but the jets are not working in the spa. It will continue to hum until I press the jet button off or it will eventually trip the jets but the power to the spa stays on. 

Is it tripping the thermal switch in the pump? If that's the case is the control system a new install?pump new? If new control system its possible that the control system isn't set for correct voltage. This is determines by which spade terminal the white wire in the pack is plugged into for each component. If its not a new system, chances are that the shaft seal has gone bad on the jet pump causing the shaft of the motor to rust and swell enough to split the sleeve on the impeller and force it into the housing, not allowing the pump to spin freely enough to start.