Wave Tec Pools Don't!

hardy

We called Wave Tec in June 2005. The contract was signed July 9th. We were funded July 20th and here we are in November and still no pool. I have had to contact these people every day to get something done. Each time they say they will send someone to finish the job but week after week since the middle of September no one has stepped foot in our disaster zone of a backyard. We have a beautiful brand new home in a new community in Southwest Arlington. We were going to be the first in the community to install a pool and all eyes are watching. AS big piles of dirt tear up my sod grass and our neighbors by just sitting there for over two months. AS there is orange plastic fencing around what used to be our fence and post holes all over the place that aren't marked and are prime for an injury. The real bad news is that I've already paid them too. We are so mad every day that we wake up and see the big hole that was suppose to be our pool. Any suggestions?

We called Wave Tec in June 2005. The contract was signed July 9th. We were funded July 20th and here we are in November and still no pool. I have had to contact these people every day to get something done. Each time they say they will send someone to finish the job but week after week since the middle of September no one has stepped foot in our disaster zone of a backyard. We have a beautiful brand new home in a new community in Southwest Arlington. We were going to be the first in the community to install a pool and all eyes are watching. AS big piles of dirt tear up my sod grass and our neighbors by just sitting there for over two months. AS there is orange plastic fencing around what used to be our fence and post holes all over the place that aren't marked and are prime for an injury. The real bad news is that I've already paid them too. We are so mad every day that we wake up and see the big hole that was suppose to be our pool. Any suggestions?

How much has this pool cost you right up front? Look under the scope of small claims in your county. Look and see if they have a business license and if they are using legal workers to perform the work. Look under the secretary state website and do a business search and see if they have another dba or a corporation name they have listed. I know in Clalifornia small claims actions will be going up to $7,500, you may want to look up your state website. You may also file online as well. Look up the company and see if there are other people in your situation, if so, then I suggest you go to your district attorney. Or better yet TV works well, like we have channel 7 on our side. Some station that has the consumers best interest, and go to your local newspaper that also works great! I hope these suggestions would of some use to get this guy to either get moving on your pool or get your money back. Check and see if the person who ownes this company has property. Put a mechanics lien on his property, please look up your state laws on this.

Good luck. -_-

I'm sorry to hear about your frustration and problems. How far along is your pool? You may opt to get another company to complete the work and then try to recoup the costs via the court system. If you think you can pressure them into completing the work, then do so. I know of people who have had bad experiences and by changing the builder to complete the work has helped them to feel much better about the pool and much happier in the end. You may want to discuss this option with a contract attorney and see if the attorney feels you'll be able to recoup the costs. At least your pool will then have a company that will stand behind the work and be a source for questions and support once the pool is complete. While I do not service Arlington, I'd be happy to offer you some advice re cost to complete the work (estimate) and offer some contact numbers to locate reputable builders in your area. www.sunbuiltpools.com

My best advise, GET A LAWYER. This same thing happened to me and several customers here in California, and now the pool contractor has filed bankrupcy. I at least have a fiberglass pool in the ground, but it is lopsided, it leaks, and since he didn't grade properly I have having to fill dirt around the pool constantly. Not to mention the rust stains from the rebar protruding under the concrete. Don't waste any time filing suit, and don't believe promises, I did and I got screwed.. Good luck.

Many like you. Try calling Dan Corbin Atty. 254 939 7070 He has handled a number of Wave tec cases.

If you think that once they complete your pool the nightmare is over you are wrong. Look at this picture. I am in EL Paso,TX and water is very expensive. It takes me around 5 hours to get 3 inches back in the pool. Thats around $100 in water every month.

IPB Image

Now, if they do not call when we have to pay them imaging what I am going thru once they are done according to them. My pool leaks around 1.5 to 2 inches a day and no one has called me or follow up on it. I have left like 4 messages a day and no calls back.

Be very careful once they say "pool completed" and sign that final paper. Do not do it until you are 100% satisfied.

I am also waiting on a $3,000 pool cover and no answer what so ever about it. Just be careful.

Edgar Ruiz

http://www.scanyourlifeaway.com/wavetecpools.htm

If you think that once they complete your pool the nightmare is over you are wrong. Look at this picture. I am in EL Paso,TX and water is very expensive. It takes me around 5 hours to get 3 inches back in the pool. Thats around $100 in water every month.

IPB Image

Now, if they do not call when we have to pay them imaging what I am going thru once they are done according to them. My pool leaks around 1.5 to 2 inches a day and no one has called me or follow up on it. I have left like 4 messages a day and no calls back.

Be very careful once they say "pool completed" and sign that final paper. Do not do it until you are 100% satisfied.

I am also waiting on a $3,000 pool cover and no answer what so ever about it. Just be careful.

Edgar Ruiz

http://www.scanyourlifeaway.com/wavetecpools.htm

judjing from the crappy steel job they did in the patio and the fact they used flex pipe, it's no wonder your pool is leaking. Sorry to say, you are probably in for a long run of problems with this pool. and don't get me started on the the woefully inadequate filter and electric heater!! I don't know how they can sleep at night with that job they did!!

I'm sorry to hear about your frustration and problems. How far along is your pool? You may opt to get another company to complete the work and then try to recoup the costs via the court system. If you think you can pressure them into completing the work, then do so. I know of people who have had bad experiences and by changing the builder to complete the work has helped them to feel much better about the pool and much happier in the end. You may want to discuss this option with a contract attorney and see if the attorney feels you'll be able to recoup the costs. At least your pool will then have a company that will stand behind the work and be a source for questions and support once the pool is complete. While I do not service Arlington, I'd be happy to offer you some advice re cost to complete the work (estimate) and offer some contact numbers to locate reputable builders in your area. www.sunbuiltpools.com

Thank you very much. I would appreciate any information regarding a reputable pool contractor in our area. I have sickening feeling we may need the info.

Thank you very much. I would appreciate any information regarding a reputable pool contractor in our area. I have sickening feeling we may need the info.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm here in Mckinney,Tx and I can feel your frustration. Unfortunately it gets worst from there.. My pool is finally finish but very unhappy. I wrote on the paper that was already typed up if I was happy about the pool and I said I'm happy it's finally here since July and finally now that it is December WOW it's done. I don't have my creepy crawler and they are missing 1 step in spa jet. My pump is leaking and my pool is lapsided and my pool is crooked. I have called the head of customer service since we kept in touch through the whole process but as soon as that pool is finished, They don't know who you are I have called 3 times and e-mailed 2 times. No phone call no emails. When the pool contractor goes and shows you how to work the pool your only concerns are that. But when your friends come over and start noticing this 25,000 pool lapsided and crooked and a leaking pump that I have to fill up my pool every 3 days at least an hours worth . I did not want to sign the paper but the pool contractor will not get paid if I don't so I signed it. Wavetec inspector never came out to check my pool he just assumed that it would be perfect. Anyways I will be calling an named attorney Mr. Dan Corbin and ask him to make that phone call and the media and have them go to the office because all my calls are always going straight to voice mail. I don't even think they will last that long before bankruptcy. I don't even think anyone works there anymore cause I have not recv'd one phone call..... Mary

Try to go to there office and raise holy hell, make a lot of noise when they are very busy.

Be very careful of bait and switch when it comes to equipment that they are installing . Your contract and specifications should be identical. I have a 14x28 with waterfall and inground system, had to raise hell to get my pool designer/ installer to switch to the pump that was on the spec sheets and on the contract. Now they have finally done this but it has taken many months of complaining and wading through all there lip service, they also had to give me plumbing that matched the new opening on the pump the horsepower remains the same Hayward Northstar 1.5 hp. works great.

I still need them to complete some items that include overspray, etc etc. Only way to have the pool done correctly is to babysit them when they promise to show up. Try to get a completion date in the contract or at least a finish by date.

Also watch the start up guy if that is in your contract, make sure you understand everything that he says with regard to start up, make him repeat what he is saying if you are not clear. Very very important.

I maintain my pool myself and have a salt generator instead of Chlorine , works great but it takes a while for the water chemistry to adjust. I also have a inground Magna sweep system, love it and it keeps the pool sparkling clean, with little to no additional maintenance, just add salt and acid when needed, to keep everything just right. Glad I never went to a chlorine system.

Installing the pool at my home was a nightmare but only by sticking on top of them like a fly on honey did anything get done. I now have a beautiful pool 99% finished minus the small detail work that needs to be done, and I look forward to using everyday once the water temperature starts to rise a little more. I live in South Florida with full Sun all day long. Would I recommend this builder to anyone ... Never... We were promised 6-12 weeks . Started Did April 2005 completion September 15,2005

• 2 weeks later...

TURN THEM INTO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND BBB. CONTACT THE LOCAL NEWS TELEVISION STATION.

THE OWNERS NAMES ARE JASON & KIM HERRING

GOOD LUCK

• 1 month later...

Please call Wavetec and ask them to send Mike Germano out.... I promise, he is great and it should be done in no time.... He did mine (I live in Ft Worth) and did a GREAT job!

My father and I own a pool company near Philadelphia and I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to you. Unfortunately for my industry there are a lot of so called builders that do sub par work. As far as your pool stands now from what I see it was built with the cheapest materials and in the cheapest way possible. i.e. the pipe that they used to plumb you pool is called flex pipe. The problem with flex pipe is that over time chlorine breaks it down and starts to blister the pipe untill it becomes clogged. The only place you really have to worry about this happening is at the skimmer and this is only if you are chlorinating your pool with tabs in the skimmer basket. If you are I suggest you or have someone install an in-line chlorinator at the equipment pad and if the equipment is plumbed in flex get rid of it and re-install everything in rigid sch. 40 PVC (make sure the fittings used and the pipe itself is made for pressure!!) Also if you have a heater, make sure a corrosion resistant check valve is plumbed in after the heater and before the chlorinator. (this is also required before the cell if you have a chlorine genorator.) Also, the actual filtration equipment they sold you is not the greatest. Now don't think that you need to replace it all now, I'm just saying that there is better equipment out there for the money. As for your leak. It could be a # of things and I would love to help you but I would need to ask you some questions to pin point where you could be leaking from. Shoot me an e-mail if you want and I'll either give you my phone # or my im name and I can talk you through some simple ways of determining whether the leak is comming from the plumbing, liner, light, etc. Again, I feel so sorry about your experience. It's contractors like the one you hired that give my industry a bad name. And they are a dime a dozen unfortunately. e-mail me at jproietto@comcast.net.

Sincerely,

Joe

• 2 months later...

I am also a Wave Tec Victim! They are still in business and I call them everyday to get more excuses. They need to be stopped. ANyone know of a class action being taken against them please let me know. We have been trying a year and making payments and the pool is still not fixed. We can't even use it the liner was being replaced but now is just sitting there because the drunk contractor the hired to fix it can't be found!

Thanks

Valerie

WeLL I have to say that Wave Tec has done everthing that they said they were going to do---They started digging the hole on April 6 and I am going to swim the Easter weekend-even with a change on the decking--Wave Tec has done a VERY GOOD JOB, VERY FRIENDLY and even work on week-ends to have the pool ready for easter---The people who had problem with Wave Tec may not be with Wave Tec but with the contractors---Frank from Georgetown is the best and I will recommend Wave Tec anytime----

• 4 weeks later...

Well It has not even been a year for me. this is the worst thing i have ever delt with, I had my house built then 2 months after we closed we let wave tec put in a piece of crap, the first installer was MR. ROY DAVIS, that was awful. I have had NOTHING but issues with this pool they got it finished the first time at the end of AUG,2005 then the pool was leaking and water was getting behind the linner, well i have had water and linner issues 7 times now, they had to come and re dig up my pool and do it again. will this nightmare ever end, I have had enough of paying for this piece of trash, and my house was used to get financed, Something has to be done. I have been waiting for 3 days for them to call me back to let me know when they are going to come out, I live in Baytown Texas. I have had to leave my job so many times to meet wave tec at the house and baby sit them and watch them work. not to mention my liner has a whole, my light don't work. and i am loosing water, I have spent hundreds of dollars on water bills with them refilling the pool. and the night they came to dig, they busted the gas line, the phone line and the cable,, HOw can you NOT see the flags????????????? I WANT IT FIXED !!! I don't think it's right to pay for this. I will pay when it's fixed and can be used. YOU SHOULD SEE MY PICTURES !!!!

• 3 months later...

Well It has not even been a year for me. this is the worst thing i have ever delt with, I had my house built then 2 months after we closed we let wave tec put in a piece of crap, the first installer was MR. ROY DAVIS, that was awful. I have had NOTHING but issues with this pool they got it finished the first time at the end of AUG,2005 then the pool was leaking and water was getting behind the linner, well i have had water and linner issues 7 times now, they had to come and re dig up my pool and do it again. will this nightmare ever end, I have had enough of paying for this piece of trash, and my house was used to get financed, Something has to be done. I have been waiting for 3 days for them to call me back to let me know when they are going to come out, I live in Baytown Texas. I have had to leave my job so many times to meet wave tec at the house and baby sit them and watch them work. not to mention my liner has a whole, my light don't work. and i am loosing water, I have spent hundreds of dollars on water bills with them refilling the pool. and the night they came to dig, they busted the gas line, the phone line and the cable,, HOw can you NOT see the flags????????????? I WANT IT FIXED !!! I don't think it's right to pay for this. I will pay when it's fixed and can be used. YOU SHOULD SEE MY PICTURES !!!!

Try Garrett Vinyl Pools.com

• 1 month later...

I am so shocked to read this thread. I didn't realise you could get such problems with pools.

We bought our vacation home in Florida with pool nearly 7 years ago-and it has given my family and guests hours of pleasure.

I looked in on this thread out of curiosity and just seen your nightmares.

How awful it must be to wake up ina morning and find you are living on a construction site. I do feel for you-it's the sort of stuff that just drains away your joie de vivre.

I do hope by banding together you can get your pools finished/repaired.

I wish you all the luck and success with what must be a truly distressing problem.

• 2 months later...

i cant beiveve the the consumer swimming pool problems down south.

i have been self employed with swimming pools and stamped concrete for the past 10-15 yrs. it only takes up to 2 weeks to install an ig pool,weather permitting. i never took advantage of a customer ,nor took an monies without prviding my sevice. if i can assist anyone in a swimming pools ,i have time up untill april 1 st,

i will travel!

sincerly rob antarelli

www.santarellistampedconcrete.com