Burst Pipe due Freezing

Eric101

Long story short: Jacuzzi power blew during storm in winter, remnants of water in pipes froze causing burst pipe in one area. Please see pics. Tried to repair but it's too far gone. Can I cut out this pipe and cap on both ends? Not sure... Looks to be one of the jet pipes. Please excuse my nomenclature if incorrect; I'm not a plumber or jacuzzi repairman.

photo(4).JPG.bc835a10b2f9daff3b5303ab7a3c2a54.JPG

photo(5).JPG.0e80b711dc2180a35593130dfaab4f34.JPG

photo(6).JPG

photo(7).JPG

Best I can tell, it looks like a 2" flex line blew out. So no, you shouldn't cap it. It either runs from your pump to your jets or is a return for your heater so it's pretty critical to the function of the tub. If you can find at least 3/4" of good flex on each side of the crack, you can remake whatever is between those 2 points and install it with couplings. If the crack runs all the way to a coupling at one end, keep tracing it back until you hit another piece of flex and splice it there. If the crack runs all the way into/includes a manifold, congratulations on your new Jacuzzi brand boat anchor. Just jokes, but I would call in a professional if that's the case. Regardless, based on what I think I see, I'd be surprised if that's the only busted piece of plumbing you have. Not trying to be Debbie downer, just giving you the heads up. 

Good luck to you.

I can't see any cracks in your photo, so I'm going on what Danthespaman316 says about the issue being a 2" pipe.  But my answer wouldn't change drastically, regardless of the size of the pipe that's cracked.

On average, when a customer tells us he has "one broken pipe from a freeze up," we find 10-15 hours worth of plumbing repair work, assuming the pipes are accessible.  After you fix the big pipe at the bottom, you'll start filling up the spa and find leaks in another area.  You'll fix them and find some more.   This typically happens for three or four cycles. The water in that one pipe didn't freeze, leaving the rest of the water in the tub liquid - generally the tub freezes all around. 

The one hopeful sign is that it's a big pipe that froze, so if you lost a lot of water very quickly, it may have drained much of the tub before the manifolds were affected.

Unfortunately, your hot tub has a lot of insulation, which is going to make leaks harder to find.

Dave