Does anyone own a Clearwater Spa

Starman

I can only speak as a former dealer (sold them in 2008). At the time, I thought they were nice spas.  Good Cover, good base, Waterway pumps/jets, upper end Balboa electronics. We had a ridiculous number of quality control issues right away, to the point where we were given the option to return our order and walk away.  We didn't and had the issues corrected.  We had the same quality control issues on the subsequent order and after that we sold off what we brought in and were done.  I personally think company support is horrible.  I have had to contact them regarding 3 separate spas this year and there is only one person in tech support, he has never answered the phone when we call and response time can be anywhere from a day to a week.  I will say that the ones we have out there have held up fairly well but given the ridiculous quality control issues and horrible support, I would never recommend them or consider carrying them again,

• 6 months later...

I can only speak as a former dealer (sold them in 2008). At the time, I thought they were nice spas.  Good Cover, good base, Waterway pumps/jets, upper end Balboa electronics. We had a ridiculous number of quality control issues right away, to the point where we were given the option to return our order and walk away.  We didn't and had the issues corrected.  We had the same quality control issues on the subsequent order and after that we sold off what we brought in and were done.  I personally think company support is horrible.  I have had to contact them regarding 3 separate spas this year and there is only one person in tech support, he has never answered the phone when we call and response time can be anywhere from a day to a week.  I will say that the ones we have out there have held up fairly well but given the ridiculous quality control issues and horrible support, I would never recommend them or consider carrying them again,

How can I get out of my Clearwater BeachCraft Series?  I have had nothing but issue after issue since day 1 and its going on 6 months.  The dealer here has replaced the Circ pump, the spa pack, the salt system, the heater.  Constantly chasing the PH levels, bromine, etc.  The tub also trips my outside breaker all the time.  And its all over the place as in why its doing so.  Any advise appreciated.  I am in Idaho and there is only 1 dealer and its a mess.  I have contacted corporate myself and they are zero help and don't care.

Does your dealer know what they are doing?  Random breaker tripping could be a bad breaker, doesn't matter if it is only 6 months old.  It could also be a bad pump, water getting into the ozone, LED light dripping onto spa pack, could be a lot of things.  I would request they replace every part  at the same time, since the parts and labor are under warranty.  I had that happen earlier this year with a Marquis and after changing the pc board, pump, and control panel, they said screw it and sent every part in the spa for us to replace.  Turns out the 1st replacement pc board we put in was bad, but they did the right thing so we could get our customer taken care of ASAP.  As for the pH level and bromine, cannot really blame Clearwater for that one.

They have replaced the breaker, they have replaced the boards, heater, and everything but pumps that I know of.  What is to blame for chemical imbalance when we don't even get in it?  We haven't been in it for a month because its so bad.  In 6 months I bet we have been in it only 10 times because the water and issues with it are so bad.  They come out weekly and check things and can't get any of it under control.  They are constantly changing the salt system to 12, back down to 5, back up to 12.  Never stable.  Right now it foams like someone put a whole bottle of bubble bath in it.  The water is gross, green, cloudy.  Pretty crazy that it could be this bad for something that cost me 11K.  

I would request they replace all the components in one service call.  If its still not right after that, I would then request a replacement spa.  Forgot about the salt system.  Yes, assuming the correct amount of sodium bromide is in the water, then either the setting is not correct or the thing is messed up.  Keep in mind that in order for the salt system to function properly the calcium levels have to be within a specific range, phosphates have to be below a certain level and the TDS (total dissolved solids) in the water also have to be below a certain level.  As the for the pH, that is dependent on your tap water and what you add to balance it and keep it balanced.  Fresh tap water does not foam so something has entered the water causing the foam.  If your water is green, just dump it and start fresh.  Get your dealer to include the required sodium bromide at no cost when they make the next repairs so your not out of $100 or whatever it would cost.

I won't defend Clearwater because I do not think they are worth the asking price but unless something has changed, they are using non-proprietary components.  Waterway pumps, Balboa electronics, all of which are used in numerous other brands.  If I were your dealer I would push for a replacement spa.  If they have been there that many times, all under warranty, they are probably losing money on each service call too and I'm sure they want it resolved almost as much as you do.

We met with the dealer on Saturday.  He said the manufacture will not replace the whole tub.  He said we could swap it out with one of his stock today if that is what we wanted.  The one we would swap out with would be one without a Salt System and also no lounger.  So we are losing out of those features.  It also has no Bluetooth sound system, but he will refund us that cost.  The salt system was a "free" add on at the fair special.  So we are out that.  I honestly wonder how important that is.  My 1st thought were we wanted the Salt system because of the no chlorine smell. Plus it seemed much simpler for the upkeep.  Unfortunately we haven't had a single experience with this one that is good, so no idea how easy it is to take care of.  I just want this nightmare to end so we can enjoy it like its meant to be.  I agree, so far they are way over priced for what we are getting.