Clorox Splash Proof Bleach

Mska

I used Clorox Splash Proof bleach its quite thick to prevent spilling now my Hot Tub looks like a huge Foam party.

Used a SeaKleer Clarifier and a De Foamer but still got the foam... do I need to drain or just keep adding water to dilute it?

Thanks in advance for any help I would post pics so you guys could get a good laugh but not sure how to upload it onto this forum topic.

Just remove the foam by scooping it out. It will eventually dissipate. You can drain/refill if you want -- up to you. It's the thickeners in the splashless bleach that cause the foaming.

if you're committed to a half drain, why not just do a full drain? Just a point here, but the partial drain will also dilute the foam control products as well.

But since you've already purged, then yea chem geek's advise is good here -- after your partial drain/dilution, fire up all the jets and open up all the air intakes to generate as much agitation as possible, and just start scooping off the foam, and keep scooping and scooping. don't add any anti-foam agents at this point -- your goal is to make foam and scoop it out.

if you were going to drain completely I would ask you to help the forum out and experiment with another purge:

1. tell us what you have used to purge previously (SeaKlear purge?), and the results (did you get much material release?)

2. give us please an very general overview of your water history, i.e. have you purged many times before, with what product, etc..

2. Dose your spa with Ahh-Some before you drain. follow Ahh-some label directions

3. Report back on the the results (did Ahh-Some do anything).

I'd just like to obtain some data other than mine (previously referenced) and this would help collect more data. But if you can solve your immediate problem without a purge then by all means do that.