I'm So Confused

mt_snyder

My 1999 Jacuzzi Z135 keeps shutting itself off. The control panel only has a red light for status, so i don't get any error messages other than the red light flashing. The hot tub will get hot and will run on high for as long as we want it to, but it turns it self off when we are awag from it. Also, the circuit breaker has never popped. It is wired for 220v.

The owners manual says that it could either be the temp/high limit sensors or the pressure switch.

I have already replaced the temp sensor set and the issue is still occurring. I function tested the pressure switch and everything seemed okay. It reads a steady 0 ohms with the pump on low and when I unplug it from the circuit board the pump still runs and the heater turns off. I have also checked and made sure that the filter is clean.

And if it makes a difference, we don't have a propper cover for it. I simply use a tarp that has been folded over several times. It has never been sucked into the skimmer.

Can someone please shed some light on what might be causing this issue.

Scenario: My wife and I use the hot tub. When we get done I put the cover on and leave it while it's still running on low. We go and use it the next day and the hot tub is off with the status light flashing and the water is cold.

This has been happening over and over for the past several months. I've been keeping a closer eye on it and it seems like the hot tub will only run for a couple of hours before turning off. If i want to make sure the hot tub is hot and ready to go, i have to plan hours a head of time and check on it to make sure that it's still running.

What issue? From your description, it's works.

I checked on it this morning after not checking it for a couple days and the water is at 85 degrees, but the flashing status light is on again. It has been pretty cold the past couple nights.

Could it be the flow sensor?

Could it be the heater over heating?

What are the chances the circuit board is bad?

Or, without a proper cover it simply can't heat up as fast as it's losing heat.

And of course it would cool down faster. The other issue is that I can't turn the pump on when the status led is flashing using the function button. I have to turn the power off to the hot tub, wait for the status light to turn off, and then I can press the function button to turn the pump on.

That is what is leading me to believe that something is throwing an error code.