Hot Springs Rhythm And Adding Bluetooth Audio

Tiresias

Hello,

I recently purchased a Hot Springs Rhythm hot tub. We bought the floor model, and it came with 4 speakers pre-installed. They said to add the module for bluetooth audio, it'd be $650, which is a lot more than I am willing to spend after buying a new hot tub. The speakers have two plugs (I am guessing each speaker works as a pair).

Has anyone wired up their own audio module to enable bluetooth? I didn't see anything in the menu, so I suspect it just works through the receiver.

Trying to figure out which receiver to buy and how to wire it up.

The module IS the bluetooth. There is no installed hidden bluetooth function, you have to install it. The module communicates with the control box via an I2C interface. It's a bluetooth amp, and I wouldn't install it without the subwoofer as well. The speakers on the Hot Spot are entry level, don't expect much from them.

The module IS the bluetooth. There is no installed hidden bluetooth function, you have to install it. The module communicates with the control box via an I2C interface. It's a bluetooth amp, and I wouldn't install it without the subwoofer as well. The speakers on the Hot Spot are entry level, don't expect much from them.

Thanks for the reply. So, I buy this module and a subwoofer. How much do they run, and do you have a model name/type? Is it easy to install? I've done some things similar to it in the past for work, so I am familiar with hooking things like this up, but I just want to know what I am biting off before I spend the money.

Just call the store where you bought your spa. It's only available from Hot Springs. It comes with very thorough directions.

You may find you're better off buying a new outdoor sound system if you shopping dollar for dollar. The only advantage the spa system offers is logic integration with the spa control panel.