Hot Springs Prodigy Issue

stinger1988

The house I bought about a year ago has a 2002 Hotsprings Prodigy and we have been using it for a year with no issues other than a small leak somewhere. Anyway, I just emptied and cleaned it and refilled it and now when I turn it on I get the blinking red light. I know many people have issues with this and I have looked at many other topics but I'm kinda clueless right now. So when I turn it on the pump actually works and everything seems to be find, the jets seem to be working and water flowing fine but after like 20 seconds it turns off and the blinking red light comes on. When I reset it again it goes right to the red light. I have to wait a little with it off then I can try again and the same thing seems to happen. My first thought was clogged filter but I took them out and same issue. I don't think its the pump because I'm getting flow. Now when it runs for that like 20 seconds I do hear a gurgling sound like theres a ton of air in the line or something. I took the front panel off and idk what I'm looking at really but theres a tube on the left that is filled with water then when I turn it on that tube seems empty dry. So right now my best guess is there is some kind clog in the line that allows the pumps to fill with water slowly but when I turn it on the inflow of water cannot keep up with the outflow of water and it shuts off. I tried using a shop vac and sucking the filter tube and reversing the flow and blowing air into it and that didn't seem to help.

Anyone have any ideas if it might be something else or what is the best way to check for a clog? Also, I noticed on the grey filter tube theres no plastic piece on the top with a hole like the other 2 but looks like one is down lower in the tube, is that right or is there a chance that broke and fell in and is whats causing the clog?​

Sounds like a clogged filter, circ pump needs a prime, or a bad circ pump. Your spa incorporates a small, 24 hour circulation pump that runs in obscurity, all the time, as soon as the spa is energized. It only moves about 3 gallons of water per minute. If it fails to move water, the heater subsequently overheats after 20 seconds to a minute or so, causing the red power light to flash, shutting down the spa. It will reset by turning off the power, and turning it back on, after the heater has cooled.

Is this something you want to fix yourself?

Sounds like a clogged filter, circ pump needs a prime, or a bad circ pump. Your spa incorporates a small, 24 hour circulation pump that runs in obscurity, all the time, as soon as the spa is energized. It only moves about 3 gallons of water per minute. If it fails to move water, the heater subsequently overheats after 20 seconds to a minute or so, causing the red power light to flash, shutting down the spa. It will reset by turning off the power, and turning it back on, after the heater has cooled.

Is this something you want to fix yourself?

Yeah I really don't want to pay someone to fix it if I can.

So i pulled the circ pump and as i did hot water was pouring out from the outflow so i know the heater is working. I took the circ pump apart and it didnt seem to have any damage but i have no idea what im looking at lol. I put it all back together and had the same problem so i guess it has to be that so im going to order a new pump and see what happens.