What Model Is My Spa?

ahurle

Hi,

I have inherited a spa and need to find out what model it is so I can order some filter cartridges. It is a Hotspring spa and I think it could be a Sovereign IH. Can anyone tell me from the serial number? The serial number is 10014. This is the only sticker I can find on it.

Thanks.

Adam.

The sovereign/indoor outdoor has a model designator of the letter I.

Can you list the complete model/serial number- they should be all together. Is it IH10014?

If so, it's a late 1980's sovereign/indoor outdoor.

If it's it I1H1014, it's a 2006 sovereign.

It's very important to not mix up the number ONE and the letter I on that one :)

EDIT- if it's just for filter ID, just count the number of filters, if it has just one, two, or three. Very easy to tell you which filter you need.

Hi,

The sticker definitely only has "HotSpring Spas 10014" on it. For some reason I don't have the option to upload a photo??

It has a three filter system so I have worked out what filters to get....but I would still like to know what year/model it is. I have narrowed it down to a 1990 or 1991.

I have no idea what tub i have here. i like to know the model and possible a PDF Manual of the hot tub so i can know how to using the menu system and functions all i have are these photos. I cant upload photos here so i created a link to them.. Also if possible to tell me the value of it.. the TV will not go up or down, but i do get video and audio fine.

Link to Photos. http://oi62.tinypic.com/2qva8ma.jpg

I don't think you're looking at the serial number correctly? If it's a 90 or 91, it would have more digits. Starting in 1990, Watkins went to a different serial number format, after the spa model (I or IH in your case) it has 6 numerical digits. The first number is the quarter (1,2,3, or 4), the second number the year (0 for 1990, 1 for 1991, 2 for 1992, 3 for 1993), and the last four digits is the number of that spa off the assembly line, starts at 1. For instance, I101005 would be a 1st quarter 1990, the 5th spa off the assembly line. I111005 would be a 1st Q 1991, the 5th spa off the assembly line.

The fact that it has three filters makes filter buying very easy- it's the same filter Hot Springs uses today :)