Advice On Buying A New Cover For My Tub?

ne_skier

I'm pretty sure I need to buy a new cover for my tub. (Background is discussed in my "Is my cover ruined?" post.)

I haven't started shopping yet.

I could call the shop from whom I bought the tub and have them order me a new one, but I'm wondering if there are other options worth considering?

Is there an "aftermarket" for tub stuff? (Kind of like aftermarket parts for cars, which are often an upgrade.)

Or is the manufacturer's original item generally the best option for covers, whether it be for build quality, fitment quality, durability, etc.

I'm focused on overall quality more than price.

FWIW my tub is a Master Twilight 8.3, just in case that might factor into anyone's opinion about OE vs. aftermarket quality.

Thanks!

Interesting, and not entirely surprising. I guess the cover is an easy place to cut corners to make a price point. And maybe sensible too, if many first time spa owners are like me, and accidentally ruin their first cover.

Does anyone care to recommend a company/brand/source for replacement covers?

Interesting, and not entirely surprising. I guess the cover is an easy place to cut corners to make a price point. And maybe sensible too, if many first time spa owners are like me, and accidentally ruin their first cover.

Does anyone care to recommend a company/brand/source for replacement covers?

I used this company last time. Very good cover. Be sure to measure accurately and maybe twice.

http://www.rhtubs.com/covers/cover-index.htm

Always measure twice, once you get the cover, you own it, right size or not, nobody is taking it back.

Look for;

2# or heavier foam

Marine grade vinyl

Enough room in the fold for a cover lift bar.

A full length insulated hinge "pillow"