Possible Leak In In-Ground Pool

I have a In Ground Pool that after the automatic cleaning system is engaged or regular filter is used sucks all the water out of the out take containment area that goes to the pump until it is sucking air. When this happens the pump is running air at this point and i have to shut the pump off.

What I've done so far is:

1. Filled pool above the water line in water containment area that goes to the pump for filtering.

2. Cleaned both the trap filter and the paper filter.

3. Ran it using the auto cleaning system and without using the skimmer.

4. I've filled the pool up several times repeating this and water seems to going somewhere somehow.

5. Uncovered all the pipes up to where they go under the concrete and found no leaks.

Please help and if not enough info let me know.

David

I had a leak in my inground pool several years ago. I used this very simple technique someone suggested on-line. Go to local quick stop place where you can buy coffee, get a cup for yourself and grab bunch of small packets of creamers. Walk around the pool and slowly pour cream into the water around all inlets and outlets. When you will see the trail of creamer sucked into the hole that is where your leak is.

I may misunderstood your problem. The technique I used allows finding small leaks in the pool itself. If you are loosing water quickly when the pump is running it sounds like you have leak in the piping system. I assume your backwash valve is closed and you are not just pumping water out.