Spa Pump Not Working - Balboa Power Pack

Spa Problem - motor

I have a Balboa spa pack. the 2 speed pump is not working but the 1 speed pump - pump 2 - is working fine. what i have done so far is changed the capacitor and checked the voltage to the pump. I have all voltage to the pump as perfect. here is another issue. In order to see if the pump was working, i took the wire on the spa pack that says pump 2 and switched it with pump 1. when i did that, the 2 speed pump came on when activated at the control panel.

so i know the pump is good, the control panel works fine for everything. the red dot even lights up when pump 1 is activated, its just the pump doesn't come on.

I could really use some tips here from you guys that have more experience. i am pretty fair with DIY and using volt meter.

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Harold...

You may have a bad low speed relay on the circuit board or a blown pump1 fuse. Where were you measuring the voltage for pump1? If the pump was plugged in during the test you might be measuring the voltage potential across the motor winding which is present on both high and low speed terminals simultaneously. Unplug the pump and check for voltage at the pump receptacle between common and low speed then common and high speed. Assuming the pump is 240V, you should read 240V across common and low speed pins in low speed and then 240V across common and high speed pins when the jet button is pressed. The voltage reading should be 0V from common to low speed pins when the high speed jets are selected and vice versa. To check the pump fuse, power on the spa and test across the fuse with your voltmeter. If you measure 0V the fuse is good. If you measure 240V the fuse is bad - again assuming a 240V pump.

brandon@spokanespas.com