Replace Aquapure Cell Or Install New Different System

beachman

I have an Aquapure 1400 salt system and last summer the cell gave it up, working sometimes and not others from a loose voltage pin - got through the summer with chlorine and the cell turned to 00%. The cell was through 4.5 summers so thought I had one more summer based on the cum hour count - but I guess not.

Debating whether to replace the cell (roughly $600) or invest in a completely new system ($1500+replumbing, rewiring - canada prices) that may be more reliable than the current one. I had to replace the flow sensor at roughly $200 and only got two years out of it, and now giving me the same error codes, so will need to replace again in combination with the cell.

My local dealer recommends the Pentair Intellichlor system to be more reliable and has dropped selling the Aquapure. Says not to put any more money into it.

By replacing the cell, I have chance of getting 4-5 seasons out the new cell and not have to replumb, but curious if anyone can back up their reliability claims of the Pentair system, or recommends a different system such as Zodiac.

If you get the PLC1400 cell kit, it comes with a new sensor (new style that lasts longer). But you will need to re plumb. If you are pricing an old style cell, be careful they aren't in production anymore, and not sure Jandy would warranty it with the new style in the event that it failed. New cell is still cheaper than a new system.

thanks pool clown for the reply. you actually recommended the black epoxy new style sensor to me two years ago and I replaced it and fixed my issues. but in addition to the voltage issue I got the same sensor error codes last September even with the cell off all season so I suspect the sensor has gone again. I see you can buy a 1400 kit with the cell and the sensor together. but the new style cell looks to be exactly what I have now with the three voltage pins so I wasn't thinking I had to replumb unless they have changed the dimensions somehow.

I can't find anyone saying anything bad about the pentair system though so still debating.