Disconnecting Ace Saltwater System Hotsprings Grandee

Rbrb

I have a four year old Grandee and am on on my second ACE cell. The first was replaced as defective with the warranty. This second cell has had similar problems but no longer covered by warranty. I would like to just get rid of the cell and convert it to a regular tub using my ozonator (already installed) and a mineral stick like Nature 2 (plus chlorine). Can I simply disconnect the ACE system myself. I would just remove the cell and cord unplugging from the cords that lead to the control box. Is there anything wrong with doing this myself? (Obviously with power off, etc.). Thanks.

Hi Rbrb,

Thanks for posting; give us a call when you have a moment at 800-999-4688. We want to learn more about your particular situation and assist. Try to have your serial# available when you ring.

Thanks for your business,

Steve

---Hot Spring Spas---

• 3 months later...

I've had the same issues on my Hot Springs tub; a little over three years and three Ace salt cell failures. The manufacturer replaced the first two under warranty but after my most recent failure they told me I am pretty much on my own (total replacement cost of about $800).

I'd like to remove the entire system but the dealer just quoted me about $200 to do this work. At present I'm planning on just leaving it in place and manually controlling the chlorine levels.

All in all a rather disappointing experience with what could have been a good product for hot tubs.

• 5 years later...

I have had  issues with the Ace system 4 weeks in to having it installed. I have a jettsetter just over a year old there's even rusty screws where the filters are. Which  I have emailed to my local dealer, Im so disappointed with the way ive been treated sorry i bought from them . now the velcro on the cover has give up. I won't be recommending hot spring any time soon. info@swanseahotspring.co.uk