Help Resealing My Spa

Bimmer

I have an older Blue Ridge spa that we've had now from Craiglist for 2 years. The tub has been rebuilt and it works fine and does not leak. There are some cracks that are visible, but they do not appear to be leaking. My problem is this. I used to use "Swimmers" Shock with no problems. Then when Lowe's didn't have it I bought what I could find and that was Hth brand. I used it for several month and now I notice the clearcoat peeling and floating in the water. I change my water about once every 5-6 weeks and I keep an eye on the Ph. The tub is outside and was also uncovered for awhile so maybe it's caused by the sun. At any rate I need to fix this. What is my best option to do this myself?

Thanks folks!

If it was uncovered and empty, the sum caused the damage.

What's cracking is the thin layer of acrylic. The acrylic is very thin and the process of forming it make it porous. The acrylic is backed with fiberglass, and it's the fiberglass that that is water tight. It's VERY unusual for the fiberglass to crack and leak. Bottom line, you don't need to try and repair the acrylic (an EXTREMELY difficult repair) for it to continue holding water.

Thank you Dr., I appreciate the reply. But no, the tub has always been full of water. Just not with the cover on. It's old and fell apart about 6 months ago.

So am I just going to have to live with the presence of the flaking in the water? I emptied the tub today and used a 3M pad LIGHTLY/GENTLY to hopefully get the excess flaking removed. I've been covering it with a tarp most of the time but during the dry spell of no rain, I left it uncovered. Did the same thing last year with no issues. So you still think it was the sun?