Lifemart Simplicity- No Power And Prior Temp Read Issue- Balboa Controls

chicy724

Hi!

We purchased a Lifesmart Simplicity 4 person spa about 2 years ago and it had a good run... but we just went to set it up for the winter and it's DEAD. No power. My hubby took the panel off and everything looks as clean as a whistle and dry inside. I took a look myself and don't see any obvious issues (but what do I know, really?).

<p>There is power to its dedicated outlet/breaker. Breakers were not tripped. We plugged in other items to test the outlet and everything else powers on. While we did have the tub off for the summer (we live in FL, too hot to use!) we did leave the plug unprotected which we now realize may not have been a good idea. The power cord/GFCI looks not-so-great. It is a big, black plug that has a gfci on the end. Test and reset... neither work. No clicking to indicate power at all. Hubby took it apart and said it looks a little corroded inside. Is it possible this is our issue? I suggested we take it apart again (meaning just removing the cover of the plug) and let it air our and see what happens. I have pics of the exterior of the plug but I don't know how to post them.

<p>But, if this does not work, should we call an electrician or a hot tub repair company? The hot tub has Balboa controls, but I am not sure what that means as far as internals. Not sure if that is just the controls on the tub for jets, light, temp, etc.

<p>The other question I have is that before we closed it for the summer, we noticed the temp on the control was reading about 2 degrees less than it actually was. Could this be related? Otherwise, what could be making this happen (well, when the thing had power..) the trouble shooting manual is useless. "Does it do this? Yes or no. Does it do that yes or no? If no, call customer service........." We are out of warranty on the guts of the tub so we may be better off calling a pool/spa company, or electrician if needed.

<p>I am so upset at this thing. It was not a small expense for us, even though it is a cheaper option for a hot tub! We had to fit our space requirements, 110v "plug/play" and budget. We had to install the dedicated outlet to the tune of almost $500 :( One day when we have more space we will invest in a higher end dealer model I am sure!

Thanks :) Since posting this I have spoken with a couple electrician friends of mine online and I showed them a pic of the plug. They said the plug was absolutely GONE! I had no idea it was something we could easily replace but it looks like the case. So, I just ordered a plug that is exactly the same, except it has auto restart if it trips which will be nice. There has been a few times the old one tripped and we had a cold tub :(

I hope it works! Wish us luck!