Help Dismantling Splashpool To Move

mrwrick

I am new to above-gound pools. SO I bought a used Splashpool 13x25. A neighbor has had one for 16 years and swears by it. I like it from what I have seen. My questions are about the process of dismantling it for the move. I have the manual for set-up and plan to go in reverse. The pool will be dry, recently drained long enough to dry so leaving it folded will not cause mildew, hopefully. Any tips for what to do or not do? I plan to have a trailer to handle the pool, all the rails, braces, pump and filter, hoses and a cover roller. Thanks

Hi, my name is Kathy. I have owned an above ground pool almost my whole life, and my husband and I have moved our pools 3 times! Don't install on a windy day, level cannot be stressed enough, that is very important! Plan to buy a new liner and don't waste time trying to install the old one. Once they have been filled they stretch, then when they are drained and get dry they shrink, so when you refill, the seems will split! Trust me, we learned this the hard way after a lot of work. Also, if it is not a beaded liner, invest in bead track and get beaded liner. Much easier to install, and a lot easier when you have to replace liner. If you have a lot of trees, treat ground for root(we also learned this the hard and expensive way)as we had roots come through our very first pool liner in less than a year! Good luck! Hope you enjoy your pool!

Thanks Kathi. I will keep your tips in mind. I don't think I will need to deal wqith the liner issues you reported since this is the kind of pool with a tough "bag" and no liner. It is not hard-sided. I have neighbors who have had one of these for 20 years, took it down once to move it and claim no problems. That is what i am looking forward to, no problems. I have other friends who do ahave a liner-style hard-side pool and I have observed some of the issues they have dealt with as far as liner replacement and things coming up from underneath. That is why I am trying this other model instead. Keeping fingers crossed and my registration on this site current, just in case. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

I am surprised there are not more Splash Superpool owners in this forum. For what it is worth to others who may wonder about this brand of pool, here are my answers to my questions.

To follow up, my experience was a very good one in dismantling the 13x25 Splash Superpool for moving and storage. The connections between legs and pool base are easy to manage, putting in or taking apart. The connections of the steel legs and steel rim tubes of sides and ends are also easy to manage. Several people are a good idea to handle the weight and shifting of the parts as you get ready to take apart, and I assume same with assembling. Removing the side/end poles from the pool is fairly easy once the openings at either end are eased to start the tube through. AFter sitting up for 10 years the tubes slid out clean and smooth. The steel tube sections are 4 feet long and easily come apart with spring buttons. The pool itself folds to a manageable size and shape.

So, to summarize, the Splash Superpool goes up and comes down easily. All parts are manageable sizes for a small 6 foot bed pickup. Adding the pump/filter, ladder and sweep hoses may require a larger vehicle to make a move in one trip.

I expect it will assemble as easily in the spring as it came apart last week.