Please Help...trying To Purchase A Hot Tub/spa

mdangel63

Hello,

Please help. I started off with interest in a Marquis e-series 750 (quoted at 5999), but it is out of state. When I looked in my own state I was quoted $6400 after taxes for a Master Spa Healthy Living 7, and $6500 after taxes for a Jacuzzi 245. My biggest fear now is that the company I am interested in for the Master Spa wants all of their money two days before it's delivered, which I am not comfortable with; however, I don't know if it's the norm. If you know anything about the hot tubs/spas or if the prices seem fair please help as soon as possible. I need to make my decision today.

Thank you!

Michele

Most dealers will take the remaining payment on delivery. Master Spas doesn't have the best reputation in the industry, but there are a few people that have had luck with those spas. The price you're getting on the Marquis 750 is very low (really good price). The Jacuzzi 200 series isn't really comparable, it has no diverter valves and a very thin visqueen (sp) bottom. It's also not made in the US if that matters to you. I think most industry people would advise you to go with the Marquis or the Jacuzzi over the Master.

Thanks, Markee! I think i like the 545 better though the MSRP is $100 more, but they will honor the same price and it's supposed to be float less, so I would rather have the lounge. Please apprise me if the lounge of not a good idea because this is my first hot tub/spa purchase.

Personally I would skip the lounge unless you wet test and find that it works for you. The last thing you want is to get it delivered only to find you float, the depth doesn't work for you, the angle is all wrong for you ... A lounge takes up a great deal of space, wet test or skip it.

Hello,

Please help. I started off with interest in a Marquis e-series 750 (quoted at 5999), but it is out of state. When I looked in my own state I was quoted $6400 after taxes for a Master Spa Healthy Living 7, and $6500 after taxes for a Jacuzzi 245. My biggest fear now is that the company I am interested in for the Master Spa wants all of their money two days before it's delivered, which I am not comfortable with; however, I don't know if it's the norm. If you know anything about the hot tubs/spas or if the prices seem fair please help as soon as possible. I need to make my decision today.

Thank you!

Michele

The fact its out of state shouldn't matter but you do want it fairly local. If you're buying non local ask them what they would charge to come out to do warranty work.

Thanks, Spatech! I will be able to get it local. I gather that floatless is not always truly floatless :)

Is someone claiming their lounge is "floatless"? I hope not because there is no such thing. In fact if someone floats in a spa its not that it isn't engineered well. In reality people come in many shapes and sizes so two people can test the same spa and one can love the fit/feel while the other has issues with it. When people recommend a spa thats fine for many aspects but when its comes to how it fits/feels their experience does not necessarily transfer to you.

Yes, the Marquis e-series is advertised as float less. Now technically, that could mean when the jets are off. I did read that float is good for strains and mt husband and I will be the only people using the hot tub except on rare occasions if one of my two daughters are in town and would like to try it out.

The 545 lounge sits you a bit more upright so it is very hard to float out. I wouldn't say it's impossible because everyone's body type is different, but it's unlikely to float out of. The 545 is a very nice spa, one of the top sellers and more popular than the 750. It's a very comfortable spa!

Yes, the Marquis e-series is advertised as float less. Now technically, that could mean when the jets are off. I did read that float is good for strains and mt husband and I will be the only people using the hot tub except on rare occasions if one of my two daughters are in town and would like to try it out.

You may be able to lessen the chances of floating but there is no such thing as a float-less lounge so don't assume anything. If someone floats in a spa its not simply because the lounge was poorly designed. You just can't design a lounge to be perfect for everyone because we're all different and besides, some people are just more apt to float than others. If you float in the lounge it becomes somewhat useless for that particular person so wet test any lounge spa you are considering and if you can't wet test it for whatever reason I'd personally take the non-lounge path.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice and making me think things through more thoroughly. I appreciate you letting me know that the price was fair Markee, that definitely helps. Is the lift really necessary and what other extras should I consider without raising the cost too much. I'm really considering the sound system, too unless you all think it's not worth the price.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice and making me think things through more thoroughly. I appreciate you letting me know that the price was fair Markee, that definitely helps. Is the lift really necessary and what other extras should I consider without raising the cost too much. I'm really considering the sound system, too unless you all think it's not worth the price.

make sure the cover lift they are selling you will work in your space. Most require at least 2 feet of clearance on the side it's lifting too so make sure you plan for that. Where i put my spa i had clearance issues with a deck railing so i needed the covermate III style that doesn't drop down. it also provides i nice privacy wall to the neighbors