Pool Heater, Fixable Or Buy A New One? Sta-Rite Sr400Na

clayr361

I need some help/advice here. I recently bought a house with an existing spa/pool set up. Was notified about the pool heater not working before buying the house. The heater is a Sta-Right SR400NA. Have no clue as to how hold the unit is. I am not sure if the unit is fixable or if I should just go ahead and buy a new one. At the very least the control panel on the top with the buttons and number readout need to be replaced. I opened up the unit and it looks decent on the inside, no major problems that I can see besides the control panel but I am far from an expert about pool heaters. Pool guy came out and took a look at it and said it probably just needs replacing that if I got a tech to come look at it and start replacing parts I could just buy a new one for the same price... I took some pictures of the unit and attached a link to them below. If anyone wants to see any other pictures or needs part/model numbers let me know and I will get them. I am new to this forum and hope someone out there can help me. Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Clayton

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100773952@N05/

It's really hard to tell just from pictures if there is anything else besides the possible board and the keypad. Just to repalce the keypad and control board you are in the $600-$700 for the repair. A new 400 would cost you over $2000. I would look to see if there is a repair person close to you to look at it and verify that if the board and keypad were replaced will it work.