Sta-Rite Heater E06 On Power Up And Won't Start

I've got a Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm 400 and it won't start. When I power it up, the display shows 888 with the "Pool On" light green, then the "Pool On" light goes off and and the display changes to 128, then the display reads r=8, then E06 and the "Service Heater" lights up red. On the back of the panel, all the LEDs flash, then turn out, then the SFS and LED 11 light and stay lit. I've checked my hoses, which look good, and the gas valve is new. I tried uplugging the ribbon cable to the touch pad with the power off, then powering it up, but get the same thing. I'm suspecting some kind of failed sensor, but don't know which one to test or replace.

This heater worked fine at the end of last season, and started a few times early this season, but now won't do anything. I replaced the thermo bypass and gas valve, but nada. Same errors, no progress.