Warning To Potential Spa Buyers

A warning to all potential Spa buyers. Avoid Hawkeye manufacturing which makes both Hawkeye and Barefoot spas. They have EXTREMELY poor customer support, do not live up to their promises, and have questionable billing practices. I am currently going through a battle with them over my spa. I bought it in February, have paid for it entirely, and here it is the end of April and I still don't have even a delivery date. Trying to call the company is a hit or miss proposition, they will not call you back if you leave messages on phones. I wanted to cancel my order since I cannot get a straight answer as to when it will be delivered and they refuse to refund my money. Their policy is no refunds, no exchanges and no returns. Apparently if I had paid by CC I could get a refund, but not since I paid by check. In fact I suggested that I needed to seek legal counsel to get my money back and the customer service MANAGER told me that if I did that, when they delivered my spa (despite my telling him I didn't want it anymore) they would not give me good service should I ever need it. My feeling is that I wouldn't get good service anyway. When purchased, I was told 5-6 weeks for it to be customized and delivered. We are on week 9 and I still have no delivery date. By their policies of no refunds and no returns to which they are sticking so vehemently, if they did deliver it and it was cracked in 10 pieces I would be out of luck because they accept no responsibility for their actions. I would be out of luck.

• 2 weeks later...