Jandy Aquapure 1400

mag357

My chlorine generating system does not appear to be working properly. A few weeks ago I cleaned the cell and it is still not making chlorine. The salt reading is at 3.4 and the system is not giving me any error codes, the light goes on saying it is making chlorine but after a couple days I use my test strips and nothing. Any idea on what to do next, aside from buying a new sensor and or cell?

If it says it is making Chlorine, Unscrew the downstream union on the cell while it is running just enough to make it drip rapidly and fill your (chlorine) test vial with the water that's leaking out. Test it, and if you have a good Cl reading there, either you aren't running the unit long enough, don't have the percent high enough, or your cya level is not correct.

• 2 months later...

I was away out of the country and just got back. I want to thank you for your response to this and the problem was actually my cya was way off. Also have to increase my running time of the pump. Four and 1/2 hours a day is not enough time to build chlorine.