Swcg Size Question 40K Turbo Cell 40X20

bigike

We just had a 40x20 rectangle pool installed. The builder talked me into saltwater clorine generation and installed a Hayward 40k Turbo Cell. I don't know the exact capacity of the pool and was looking for some assistance there too...

427281_607513985928601_624699922_n.jpg

538112_607513459261987_613430816_n.jpg

535935_608530079160325_1419608471_n.jpg

As stated it is rectangle. There is an 8x6 sun deck in one corner, a small bench in two corners and the steps in the final corner. the end with the step and bench is 3.5' deep, and the end with the sun deck and bench is 4'. It then RAPIDLY slopes to 7' in the middle... a little too rapidly... Can someone size this monster?

Do y'all think that the 40k turbo cell is big enough for the pool without having to run it 24/7?

Any tips?

Thanks a lot, total pool newb unless you count the intex that the kids have used for the last three years!

Jay

Welcome to the forum Jay,

Short answer:

Length X Width X Average Depth X 7.5 = Gallons

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhat drawn out answer:

http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-owner/resources/calculators/pool-volume-calc/poolcalc.htm

http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Swimming-Pool-Volume-in-Gallons

Have the Pool builder come out and clear the Water features so they sheet properly.

According to the measurements you are at about 28k gallons. Assuming you are in a pretty temperate enviroment, the 40k Cell should do fine keeping up with the pool. The cell will operate as long as the pump is circulating and will generate a percentage of the time based on how it is set. I would recommend you set it to something high to start and dial it back as needed. Usually people land around 60-40%

Yeah, he showed me the tool to use and put the split part between the dividers and said i needed to slip that in there and clean it... Me and my wife were looking at it and just used the tool to break out those dividers, now it sheets properly. The outside 2 do not spray the same amount of water so the guy has to fix that, by putting a valve on the strong one.

Not as happy as i thought i would be, but i got an enormous pool for 38,000 smackers... Gonna be a blast.

Thanks for setting me straight on the Turbo cell i was a little worried that i would have to run it a 100%.

Jay