Pool Heaters

RLipp

I am in the market for a pool heater i have looked at pentair and hayward.Is one better the the other?Does any 1 own one of these that can give me some input on buying one or the other?Thanks for reading.

I may be able to give you some tips with regard to pool heat pumps;, of which I use as a

guideline. maybe it will help.

In addition to checking a heaters btu output, you also may want to check something called a

COP rating usually listed on the side of a heat pump. COP- basically is described as the Coefficient

of operating performance. Basically all that means is that each unit has been tested to independent

uniform standards set (believe me I'm not an AC man).- but it translates to the more efficient a unit is the higher the COP number- and the less it costs to heat or do the job it was designed for.

Depending on the power company, the higher the efficiency rating could very well transfer to a rebate on an electric bill.

Also in heat pump consideration look to the heat exchanger; either copper, or titanium.

Copper heat exchangers have better heat transferrance but are extremely suseptable to water chemistry

Titanum however, does not rely on balanced water for its longevity. I personally use a titanum heat pump in my installations and have had success.

• 2 weeks later...