Viking Ii - Balboa Pack - Pump Runs Constantly

xring600

I have a Viking II spa with a Balboa pack. This weekend the hot tub light would blink on and off, pump would run, but no heat. I found that the light button was stuck in the on position and after repeatedly pushing it finally the light went off and the tub began to heat again. However now the tub runs constantly and the topside readout temp is above what I have programmed in. I found that the tub had a 12 hour circulation programmed in (F6) and I knocked that down to a 4 hour (F2) but shouldn't the temp I have programmed in take care of the cycle? Any ideas on what I can to do troubleshoot the tub? The topside control is what they call a Balboa mini oval part number MVP260.

If the tub calls for heat the pump will run. I guess I am not clear on your question. You knocked the filter cycles down but the pump still runs? Even when it is not calling for heat?

Roger:

I have 102 set as the temp but the topside readout will display 104 as the temp and the tub pump never shuts off. The jet light on the topside will go out after some time but the pump just keeps running. Thanks for the reply.

Woke this morning after the tub running all night and had a OH (over heat) on the top side control display. Turned the tub off and am thinking on what to do next.

You have a stuck relay in your control box. I'm a replace component kind of guy. I would likely try a new control board.

It works! Glad to have it up and running again.

That's awesome. You didn't need me. Not a lot of consumers have the ability to replace relays. And you really only needed one. Did you figure out which one was suspect by replacing them one at a time?

That's awesome. You didn't need me. Not a lot of consumers have the ability to replace relays. And you really only needed one. Did you figure out which one was suspect by replacing them one at a time?

Hey it always helps to have 2 heads involved. Again I appreciate your advice. No I did not replace one at a time.....I shotgunned them. The solder on them bad boys is sure hard to get flowing. I used Cardas silver solder but I don't know what Balboa used. Very hard to get started so it took awhile to get them removed.

Thanks again.

Hey it always helps to have 2 heads involved. Again I appreciate your advice. No I did not replace one at a time.....I shotgunned them. The solder on them bad boys is sure hard to get flowing. I used Cardas silver solder but I don't know what Balboa used. Very hard to get started so it took awhile to get them removed.

Thanks again.

I replace entire boards rather than replace board components. I send boards in to get them rebuilt.