Good Price On Maax 481

Bwbspa

Hey all, I am down to a quote for $7800 on a new Maax 481 with stereo and their level one ozonator. This is for installation set up and haul away of my old tub. Am I in the ballpark? 7500 was my goal and my budget. Good dealer that is close to my town. Thanks and happy new year. I want to be soaking at midnight on New Year's Eve if I can!

Hey all, I am down to a quote for $7800 on a new Maax 481 with stereo and their level one ozonator. This is for installation set up and haul away of my old tub. Am I in the ballpark? 7500 was my goal and my budget. Good dealer that is close to my town. Thanks and happy new year. I want to be soaking at midnight on New Year's Eve if I can!

Any other brands you have looked at for comparison?

Good morning Roger, tried every brand with a dealer in the area. Baja, Sundance, Marquis, Hot Springs...40+ dry tests and 6 wet tests...looking for a lounger that fit and worked the right places for less than 8 with seating for five or six (big family). I am replacing a 14 yo hot springs Grandee and know I am stepping down in quality. This Maax unit comes from a good established local company. I can't afford the Sundance Optima i liked best or the Hot Springs replacement anymore. Dang it...

If the Hot Spring isn't quite at your budget but you like the Watkins prosducts and want to stick with a known quality spa then I'd suggest the Hot Spot Tempo made by Watkins. Its specifically for those who like the Hot Spring products but whose budget says they need to cut out some of the bells and whistels to get the price down a bit.

http://www.hotspring.com/shop-hot-tub-models/hotspot/tempo

I'm not up on Maax so I can't comment on pricing or their quality but I'd say do yourself a big favor and skip the stereo! Spa stereos are probably the worst bang for the buck you can get on a spa when you factor in their notorious lack of longevity (there is a reason they always come with only a 1 year warranty)! If that "level one" ozonator is a UV type I'd skip that too, it won't be very effective and requires costly yearly bulb replacement. Whatever you buy will be with you for the next decade plus (hopefully) so choose for the long run, not the short term but then again its your budget, not mine.