fiberglass pools

Guest cvah

Guest Anonmous

As with any contractor, you would be wise to do lots of homework... ask them for a list of references, then call those references and GO SEE THEIR POOLS! It is such a shame, because often the references are actually their Aunt Ethel, instead of a legitamate customer.

Check his name and phone number on the Better Business Bureau website www.bbb.org, (look up your local chapter first)

Check their license with your state contractors license board.

www.contractors-license.org (click on your state) and then on the link for verify a license.

Check to ensure they are properly insured. Liability and workmans compensation insurance. An uninsured contractor working on your home without workman's compensation insurance, and gets hurt, will sue your homeowners insurance!

Hope that helps!

I live in Millstone Township and am looking into a fiberglass pool. I spoke to Platinum pools on Route 33. He is recomending Doplhin Industries pools and Hawaiin pools.

He seems professional and once I have the exact pool picked out he is taking me to a few houses where they have the install completed.

I looked at their website and it looks like they sell pools from waterworld and viking.

The prices are less if you check waterworldpools.com, but the better business bureau says they filed for bancruptcy, but they seem like they are still in business.

• 5 months later...

They are still in business as Waterworld NE Pools inc. All pools sold under the Waterworld II company have had their warrenties voided. You better be careful dealing with Waterworld. I have hairline cracks that they now refurse to fix

I looked at their website and it looks like they sell pools from waterworld and viking.

The prices are less if you check waterworldpools.com, but the better business bureau says they filed for bancruptcy, but they seem like they are still in business.

They are still in business as Waterworld NE Pools inc. All pools sold under the Waterworld II company have had their warrenties voided. You better be careful dealing with Waterworld. I have hairline cracks that they now refurse to fix

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with that company. You may want to live with the hairline cracks if they dont seem to be spreading or bleeding cobalt stains from them. I've been in the pool business for 20 years and in that time I have never seen a repair on fiberglass pool surface that did not look worse than the crack.

• 3 weeks later...

That is very unfortunate. I hope all goes well

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with that company. You may want to live with the hairline cracks if they dont seem to be spreading or bleeding cobalt stains from them. I've been in the pool business for 20 years and in that time I have never seen a repair on fiberglass pool surface that did not look worse than the crack.

This is Great! I was hoping to talk to someone in the pool business! I just had a fiberglass pool installed (manufactured by Trilogy Pools, Tennessee). The pool is beautiful, they had a nice selection of shapes & sizes and they offered more interior finishes than the standard blue or white. The DIY process was grueling, but we got it done on time. Only problem . . . . . . . the water level on the deep end is 3.5" lower than the shallow end and the one side looks almost twisted! It's a kidney shape and where the kidney curves in - the water level is a couple inches higher than either side of the kidney curve as well as the entry stair area.

The installers say that we can just build up the deep end by 'tile-stacking' in order to get a level waterline tile. (That means stacking tiles on top of each other to make up for the difference and then adhering the waterline tile to it ?!?!?!?) I say, what the heck? I paid a lot of $$$ for this pool, I shouldn't have to do that! I say, dig out the backfill, drain the pool, lift it, re level (if they even did that in the first place) and then reset it! Unfortunately, I wasn't present for the set. I was out for 35 minutes right after the crane arrived. By the time I returned the pool was set and they were taking the straps off. Could they have possibly lifted & set the pool, checked the footprint, made any necessary adjustments and reset it in that time?

Am I missing something? Is it possible to fix this without draining & resetting? Any thoughts from experienced fiberglass pool installers or owners with the same problem are very much welcomed.

Sue

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes Waterworld pools is still in business, yes they did file for bankrupts, no the wartimes are not void. The problem that Waterworld had was prior to 2003 they sold pools exclusively to dealers who installed the pools. These dealers did a shoddy job installing the pools and the manufacture was and still is responsible for the warrantees. The have since corrected the problems with all of the pools that were sold and installed by their dealers and now almost exclusively install their pools themselves. Their pools are of the highest quality and I recommend them to anyone considering a new pool.