Calspas Sale

mixoflik

We visited the local CalSpa dealer today, and were pretty impressed. We were quoted $8900 for a Classic Select Atlantic 63 jet (all water jets) with 3x6 hp pumps. This is a discounted price that the salesman was able to "swing" for us. Actual retail was $10,300 on the tag. We have 48 hours to consider. They seem to be a real good dealer. Have not wet tested yet, plan to on Wed. Frankly, any warm water is impressive to us, so I'm sure the wet test will be no problem. Oh yeah, this dealer special orders tubs that have extra jets on the neck and feet that are not available in the brochure. They order these in bulk. We were really *sold* on it, and pretty much caved on the spot. But we do have the 48 hours,so if anyone has any suggestions or opinions, we would greatly appreciate it!!! Does this sound like a deal? Thanks!

That type of pressure selling is common among the Cal Spa dealers I have worked with over the years.

If you like the spa and the price, go for it. But if you want to take longer to make up your mind, I would certainly suggest looking at other brands and perhaps wet testing. If you call the Cal spa dealer and ask for an extension, you should be able to get one - if he can "Swing" the price today, he can do it again. If not, shop elsewhere.

That type of pressure selling is common among the Cal Spa dealers I have worked with over the years.

If you like the spa and the price, go for it. But if you want to take longer to make up your mind, I would certainly suggest looking at other brands and perhaps wet testing. If you call the Cal spa dealer and ask for an extension, you should be able to get one - if he can "Swing" the price today, he can do it again. If not, shop elsewhere.

Ok I give up ! You either live in Colorado, Minnesota or Las Vegas as thats the only markets that are able to order the "Select" series the price on that spa is very good and the prupose on the price is because we buy the slelects in volume they are all the same color they all have the exact same specs and the more we buy the better the price from the factory so obviously your dealer is placing a large order on selects at the end of that 48 hours. Look me up if you have any more questions. And yes Chas is right that price may come around when the dealer is ready to make another large order on specs. The price at $8995 is far lower than our regular sales price. So if you like it buy it if not hold out for the right spa for you, but that is by far our best performing hottub.

We visited the local CalSpa dealer today, and were pretty impressed. We were quoted $8900 for a Classic Select Atlantic 63 jet (all water jets) with 3x6 hp pumps. This is a discounted price that the salesman was able to "swing" for us. Actual retail was $10,300 on the tag. We have 48 hours to consider. They seem to be a real good dealer. Have not wet tested yet, plan to on Wed. Frankly, any warm water is impressive to us, so I'm sure the wet test will be no problem. Oh yeah, this dealer special orders tubs that have extra jets on the neck and feet that are not available in the brochure. They order these in bulk. We were really *sold* on it, and pretty much caved on the spot. But we do have the 48 hours,so if anyone has any suggestions or opinions, we would greatly appreciate it!!! Does this sound like a deal? Thanks!

I doubt you really have to make that decision in 48 hrs and I'd even let them know you don't appreciate the hard sell. Wet testing is important. It is also best to wet test a couple other brands so that you have a basis for comparison. BTW, if you do compare to other brands make sure you know whethr you're dealing with continuos HP or Brake HP as those 6hp pumps are BHP whereas most dealers quote the continuous HP (which is much more relevant, the dealers can explain).

I doubt you really have to make that decision in 48 hrs and I'd even let them know you don't appreciate the hard sell. Wet testing is important. It is also best to wet test a couple other brands so that you have a basis for comparison. BTW, if you do compare to other brands make sure you know whethr you're dealing with continuos HP or Brake HP as those 6hp pumps are BHP whereas most dealers quote the continuous HP (which is much more relevant, the dealers can explain).

Please appreciate that its not a hard sell as it is a matter of ordering the spas all at once, sure you can wait 'til the dealer gets ready to complete another order and the price will be at or above the $8995 we cannot order these spas one at a time and keep prices down. I totally agree with spatech on the bhp vs continuous hp, however what is important is the power from the jetsit is incredible that is what is important not the numbers that are written the pumps. I am not a fan what so ever of the bhp being touted. Because theres no need for it the power and therapy speaks for itself.

Please appreciate that its not a hard sell as it is a matter of ordering the spas all at once, sure you can wait 'til the dealer gets ready to complete another order and the price will be at or above the $8995 we cannot order these spas one at a time and keep prices down.

If that's the case then sure, I can buy that. Maybe the dealer explained why there was this 48 hr window, maybe not.

I will also agree that if the 48 hour window is due to an order going in - especially if you and the dealer are far away from the So Cal plant - then you will have to wait until the next order goes in. But that should happen again - if not the dealer is in trouble. If it is a general way of doing business, then it does not bode well for after-sale service etc.

I have tried to get folks to hurry up so I can add their spa to this week's order, but I live nearby the (Watkins) plant and can get it next week if not this week. I sometimes forget about long shipping distances.

I will also agree that if the 48 hour window is due to an order going in - especially if you and the dealer are far away from the So Cal plant - then you will have to wait until the next order goes in. But that should happen again - if not the dealer is in trouble. If it is a general way of doing business, then it does not bode well for after-sale service etc.

I have tried to get folks to hurry up so I can add their spa to this week's order, but I live nearby the (Watkins) plant and can get it next week if not this week. I sometimes forget about long shipping distances.

The select series are a special design for Colorado customers. I know its been hard keeping these in stock lately, Due to all the orders. Ordering this way does not effect after the sale service, they are two different departments for us in colorado. Small dealers don't have the resources so they have one guy to sell, service...etc.

Horsepower should not be the main reason for purchasing. features, fit, function and warranty should be high on

your list as well as the value added services the dealer can provide.

As for the price I can't beat it.

Happy Hunting

TBK.

Run away, far from that!

;)

Im sure by now your opinion means alot to this gentleman!

I am sure the opinion of another Cal Spa salesman really means a lot.

:D

ok time to clear a few things up .spaman was right we live in las vegas .the company that we bought(ya we went ahead and got it) is from a adealer from minnesota that just expanded to the las vegas market. our salesman was THE GUY from minnesota that was there to train there sales staff,(he was good).the deal with the 48 hour thing was because we showed up a day after there grand opening sale ended but he gave us the sale price anyway,maybe just to show his people thats how you do it ,i dont know . we wet tested 2 days later and were sold .they honored the sale price 3 days after the fact and kicked in a grand or so in things we wanted at cost,led lights, stone fasod,steps,bla bla bla. should be here in 2 weeks .to sum it up we think we got a great deal,top of the line with goodys for under 9 grand,installed not just delivered!

well to be fair to people who have not researched getting a spa before there is the cost of the electrician and the concret guy to concider when buying a spa,a round $1500 where i live and TAX dont forget the tax

Mixoflik, Congratulations!! With rock?? Thats an unheard of deal under $9k thats a over 1k under what I could evr sell that product for. Must have been dealing with John or Eric to get that done. Enjoy your tub and look me up if you ever need anything, I work for that very same dealer as a store manager in Denver.