Placement Of Filter Frog In Late Model Hot Spring Spa

chazman113

Just bought a used hot springs prodigy 110v tub (1996 or 1997 manufactured I believe) in awesome shape. I want to use the filter frog mineral system so I can put less bromine in the system (sensitive skin). The tub has a filter box with 3 filters that have pipes coming up to secure each filter. Obviously can't "stick" a filter frog in there because of the pipes. It has a small pump that I believe runs 24/7 to filter and heat and seems to have input in one of the 3 filter cartridges. My question is, can I just rubber band the filter frog to the side of the filter and have it work correctly? According to the manual it says you can just put them in the skimmer box, but also says it's for larger pumps. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

PS I know there is a spa frog "floating" system but I just bought a supply of bromine and a floater so want to use that up first