What Could Be Damaging The Flow Sensor?

ulao

So I have had my fair share of troubles with the flow sensor and after quite a bit of learning I was able to get the new sensor installed and calibrated the salinity at the beginning of this summer. At first I thought it was my lack of knowledge but it turns out something is killing these things. So here I am a gain with another bad sensor.

Why do I think its bad? Well it displays HH or 00 form what I read when its bad. This is not always indicative of a bad sensor but it is my feeling that it is bad. When I try to calibrate it using the up arrow it will go to 0.1 and then fall back to 0.0. If I press up fast enough I may get to .4 but it still falls back to 0.0. Also I had my pool tested and it is at 3.1 gpl but the jandy unit ( 700 aquapear ) says add salt.

If my guess is true and the sensor is bad, what woudl cause this?

You should have been sold a sensor with black epoxy. They have been out since before last spring, so it's probably was a case of a retailer had old stock left over. I would contact him and try to have that warrantied (the white ones are known defective). The new type (black) should come with a tri-sensor adapter board that you calibrate the unit with.