A Great Spa In The 6500.00 Range?

robin

i am overwhelmed with how expensive hot tubs have gotten. but i just can not spend over 7000.00. my needs are deep therapy for my back, well insulated for new york winter, easy to repair or a good repair record. i am looking for a smaller tub so that helps alittle with the price. i have found lots of good dealers on long island in business for many years. and i will go to nearby states to find what i want. help please

i am overwhelmed with how expensive hot tubs have gotten. but i just can not spend over 7000.00. my needs are deep therapy for my back, well insulated for new york winter, easy to repair or a good repair record. i am looking for a smaller tub so that helps alittle with the price. i have found lots of good dealers on long island in business for many years. and i will go to nearby states to find what i want. help please

Robin. All teh major brands have top of the line premium spas that sell for $8,9,10k but they also have midbrands that are great as well but missing some of the bells and whistles. For $7k, I don't think you really need to exclude anyone fom your search so go to all the major spa websites, punch in your zip code and see what dealers are in your area.

I would recommend the Hotspring Prodigy or the Tiger River Bengal. Both should cost under $6,500 with Freshwater III ozone, Covermate I coverlift, delivery, and steps. Also, both can be plugged in 110V to save on electrical hook-up costs and you can always up-grade to 220V later if you feel it is necessary.

ROBIN I WOULD SUGGEST EITHER THE AURORA II OR SEVILLE FROM D1. THE AURORA II IS THE BEST SELLING MID SIZE SPA IN ITS CLASS! IT IS POWERFUL AND WILL GIVE YOU A GREAT THERAPY SESSION! ALSO D1 ARE 100% FULLY FOAM INSULATED SO THE COST OF OPERATION IS VERY LOW! APPROXIMATLY $13.00-$20.00 PER MONTH! TAKE A LOOK AND DONT FORGET TO WET TEST FIRST BEFORE MAKING YOUR DECISION!

i am overwhelmed with how expensive hot tubs have gotten. but i just can not spend over 7000.00. my needs are deep therapy for my back, well insulated for new york winter, easy to repair or a good repair record. i am looking for a smaller tub so that helps alittle with the price. i have found lots of good dealers on long island in business for many years. and i will go to nearby states to find what i want. help pl/quote]

I just bought the EPIC from marquis.Its the top one they make.It has built in frog system ,ozonater and has an excellent waranty,even covers the lights for 3 years.I need deep therapy for my back as well and i find you sit deep in it so jets can get entire back and also has lots of pressure.They sell for 12000 up here in Canada.They are made in Oregon I believe.Iwould imagine you could get them alot cheeper in the US.Basicly the guy told me the you spend on one the cheeper it will be on hydro and chemicals.Another one i would check out might be is Hotsprings.GOOD LUCK,Pete.

If you want versaltility in price and options go with an LA Spa. Your local dealer should be able to build you one that serves both your hyrotheapy needs and fits in a budget. My local company in south jersey,who also built my pool, made me an incredible deal on the HEET model. I could not believe the price!!!!!! My price was way under your 6500.00 with a SONY Am/FM CD stereo complete with remote, included to BOOT!!!! it was not a closeout. I ordered my color and options I wanted, and thats it. alittle less than 4 weeks later my spa was delivered right to the spot in my backyard. 5 years parts and labor warranty package sealed the deal. So basically, here is what i found out: NEVER EVER EVER buy a spa online. BUY from a dealership that has in-house tech support, better warranty packages usually indicate better spas. and work with a dealer that is both knowledgable and WILLING to work with you on price. LA Spa was the only choice for me. Check em out at their website.

If you want versaltility in price and options go with an LA Spa. Your local dealer should be able to build you one that serves both your hyrotheapy needs and fits in a budget. My local company in south jersey,who also built my pool, made me an incredible deal on the HEET model. I could not believe the price!!!!!! My price was way under your 6500.00 with a SONY Am/FM CD stereo complete with remote, included to BOOT!!!! it was not a closeout. I ordered my color and options I wanted, and thats it. alittle less than 4 weeks later my spa was delivered right to the spot in my backyard. 5 years parts and labor warranty package sealed the deal. So basically, here is what i found out: NEVER EVER EVER buy a spa online. BUY from a dealership that has in-house tech support, better warranty packages usually indicate better spas. and work with a dealer that is both knowledgable and WILLING to work with you on price. LA Spa was the only choice for me. Check em out at their website.

Hi, I ust want to agree with Conan here, and reiterate, NEVER EVER EVER buy a spa online (unless you are an expert at fixing and trouble-shooting spas), I am speaking from first hand experience and 4 months of broken spa troubles with a vendor and manufacturer (Discount Spas Direct and Hydro Spa) that amount to nothing short of scam artists. After telling me that their customers have never experienced the problems I have faced since delivery, I actually found both of their companies referenced on "Ripp-off report.com". Two other women with the same exact problems from this 'dispicable duo', one woman was on YEAR 2, still waiting for them to fix her Hydro Spa. Part of their problem is no local repair service, despite their suggestion to the contrary.

I actually found both of their companies referenced on "Ripp-off report.com".

ummmmmmmmm, if you're talking ripoffreport.com, I don't see anything for these companies. there are reports for other companies that have similar names, but not these two.

And with a quick web search one could also question the validity of rip off report;

ummmmmmmmm, if you're talking ripoffreport.com, I don't see anything for these companies. there are reports for other companies that have similar names, but not these two.

And with a quick web search one could also question the validity of rip off report;

THE UGLY TRUTH ABOUT THE RIP OFF REPORT

ummmmmm....Hello Dr.Spa...hope Robin understands you are in the business, and therefore should perhaps take your commentary with a HUGE GRAIN of CHLORINE:

Here are the two complaints, found easily upon even a google search that I referenced along with case numbers. Once I make contact with these poor spa-consumer-victims of unethical dealers and manufacturers I will ask that they reach out to you to confirm their existence as well as their LEGITIMATE complaints....how's business Doc?

Taken directly from Rip-off Report.com:

HYDROSPA STRIKES AGAIN (SEE BELOW) - (Anna Guidice, Ozone Park, New York) HydroSpa-I bought and received a spa on 11/26/2002 and the Heater does not work. I've been calling HydroSpa and Discount Spas Direct where it was purchased from and they cannot find a service technician in my area (Queens, NY) to replace the heater. I have the new heater that HydroSpa sent me.

(case#012403)

Hydro Spa, Alert! - (Elizabeth Martinez, Monticello, New York) - Hydro Spa 13055, 49th Street, Clearwater, Fla 33762. My sister's Jacuzzi was bought in 2001 and never worked. she has called Hydro Spa for the last two years for someone to fix it. She has had no luck.

(case#082302a)

Sounds aweful familiar! Hope you don't justify treating your customers like that!

PS: Also found similar complaints, and filed my own with the BBB today. Is there a web site refuting the BBB's negative history with these companies you can enlighten us with Doc??? If so, please do tell!

RE: "DR.SPA", one might also be cognizant of the fact that I have absolutely nothing to gain here or to hide. My name is Veronica Assalone, I am from Coventry, RI. I was motivated to join this Forum to seek helpful assistance on how to protect myself from clearly unethical spa companies and in the hope of protecting other consumers from my same experience. Notice, that I don't hesitate to reveal my identity, nor do I hesitate to tell the whole truth here on a public forum, because we all have the right (and in some instances the obligation) to tell the truth without fearing any negative retaliation or ramifications. The things I say include irrefutable facts. If they did not, anyone who has jumped around this forum for more than five minutes knows we would have heard SOME defense from Hydro Spa and Discount Spas Direct by now. They DID send me a private e-mail within 12 hours of the mention of their names here, expressing their frustration, but they cannot deny for one moment the accuracy of my assertions.

.....Might you, DR.SPA, at least indirectly, be involved in profiting from these Corporate Buffoons? To be motivated to come to their defense? Ironic, I am a civil servant who represents poor people accused of committing crimes and I wouldn't take on the defense of these “white collars” for all the "Jets" in the best massage seat!

ummmmmm....Hello Dr.Spa...hope Robin understands you are in the business, and therefore should perhaps take your commentary with a HUGE GRAIN of CHLORINE:

I truley don't mean any offense, but by the same token you could be considered an angry customer with an axe to grind. One thing I've learned in life is that there's generally 3 sides to every story.... Yous, their's and the realy story somewhere in between.

Taken directly from Rip-off Report.com:

HYDROSPA STRIKES AGAIN (SEE BELOW) - (Anna Guidice, Ozone Park, New York) HydroSpa-I bought and received a spa on 11/26/2002 and the Heater does not work. I've been calling HydroSpa and Discount Spas Direct where it was purchased from and they cannot find a service technician in my area (Queens, NY) to replace the heater. I have the new heater that HydroSpa sent me.

(case#012403)

This one I did eventually find. From my perspective it contains very little information and it's almost 3 years old. It doesn't spicifically say how long after receiving the spa the heater broke. Nor does it say say what may have caused the heater to break. It also diesn't mention how long this problem was in existanse before the complaint was filed. As I said, it's also 3 years old. So, for the last three years there's one complaint. That's for about 100,000 spas. Not bad in my book. I think there's very few large companies in any industry that with a recod this good.

Hydro Spa, Alert! - (Elizabeth Martinez, Monticello, New York) - Hydro Spa 13055, 49th Street, Clearwater, Fla 33762. My sister's Jacuzzi was bought in 2001 and never worked. she has called Hydro Spa for the last two years for someone to fix it. She has had no luck.

(case#082302a)

Her sister? Again, no, this time there's virtually no information as to the problem, or how/why the manufacturer is so unhelpful.

RE: "DR.SPA", one might also be cognizant of the fact that I have absolutely nothing to gain here or to hide.

Again, no intention at all of putting you down. But, one could just as well make an assumption that you are here simply to try and force a refund. We've only heard your story and not Hydro Spas or DSD's side.

My name is Veronica Assalone, I am from Coventry, RI. I was motivated to join this Forum to seek helpful assistance on how to protect myself from clearly unethical spa companies and in the hope of protecting other consumers from my same experience.

"Clearly" unethical spa companies? 100,000 spas in the last 3 years and you're the 2nd person to post a problem? I'm sorry, but I don't see this as "clear".

.....Might you, DR.SPA, at least indirectly, be involved in profiting from these Corporate Buffoons?

I'm not involved with either of these companies sales of spas.

To be motivated to come to their defense?

I don't consider myself coming to anyone's defense, but just giving consummers something else to think about. As I said earlier, there's always more than 1 side of a story.

Again ,I truely don't mean to offend you, and I'm sorry what I say angers you more.

thanks everyone for your help, i am still going to look at artic which i think may be too expensive. but i really really enjoyed the LA spa wet test and i did get to sit in the HEET Conan which was really nice. don't you love the lounger i was really surprised at how much i liked the leg jets. i was not going to get a lounger. so Conan would you be able to let me know who your dealer was in new jersy. i am on long island and my dealer may be alittle more expensive than yours. Conan what other tubs did you look at? as i said power on jets and insulation are key for me. thanks for your advice everyone. i will let you know what i ended up with. but here again there are companies that you may not hear the most about like LA spas but they are still good at a little lower price than a sundance. which i also loved, just to expensive for me.

I don't consider myself coming to anyone's defense, but just giving consummers something else to think about. As I said earlier, there's always more than 1 side of a story.

Again ,I truely don't mean to offend you, and I'm sorry what I say angers you more.

On the contrary Doc, you're begining to amuse this Country Girl!

By way of background (and the "real story"), I think there's some things we should point out to the good people in "Spa Land" about our brief history together. When I first signed on to this site four days ago, so as not to offend, when I noticed your screen name I e-mailed you privately to inquire about whether you were the same Dr. Spa from Epinions, that I read back in April, before I purchased the Hydro Spa. My intention was to thank you and to seak clarification, or to provide the same Dr Spa with some interseting information.

On Epinions, there appeared a very bad review about the customer service and corporate response of a major brand of spas. When I asked the rep who had come to my home to sell me this product about the review, he protested that the epinion from Dr. Spa, and other comments on other sites by the screenname Dr Spa had cost him a lot of business, and that his company has taken every measure to identify the Elusive Dr Spa, only to learn that the incident was made up and used by a competing brand to sabatoge business.

I went on to say that it was something about the way the rep may have seemed "to protest too much" that was the only thing that made me hesitate and ultimately not buy his product. Looking back, I'm happy I didn't, because I would have spent twice the money only to end up with the same problems if there was something wrong with my spa because they had no local service center.

You responded to me and denied being the same Dr. Spa, and accused me of perhaps being a dealer trying to sabotage Hydro Spa's business. I responded, assuring you I was not (and declaring that their conduct had been so offensive that any suggestion by them that I was, would have probably resulted in them getting struck by lightening right on the spot), then in good faith, I asked you for your opinions as a dealer about what the best spa was.

You refused to respond, and sent me a 2nd e-mail suggesting that I was a dealer for a brand that competes for Hydro Spa, and then attacked my credibilty on the forum about a site providing some information about Hydro Spa's record for bad service.

THEN! You finally found the site, and without an appology for your false allegations, picked the customer's complaint's apart and suggested that there are only three dissatisfied customers out of the 100,000 spas Hydro Spa sold (where'd ya come up with that stat, by the way Doc????).

All while, FAILING to respond to my 2nd reference to the absolutely legitimate, investigated, not-for-profit NATIONAL BBB's negative listing for Hydro Spa, who has demonstrated to the BBB that they fail to resond to their customers in a satisfactory manner!

Come on Doc, you're joking right? Don't you worry, I will spend the little free time I don't spend soaking in a fabulous new spa, made and sold by companies with integrity, tracking down the rest of the dis-satisfied Hydro Spa and Discount Spas Direct customers (and other consumers of other similare companies) to ensure their "real stories" get told too.

And I whole-heartedly do agree with one point, it takes A LOT, but I am an "angry" customer, and no one could pass the laugh test to suggest I should not be (including you Doctor, you don't make me angry, you make me laugh)... I have every right to be angry with them and I will suggest that they don't have the courage to tell their side of the story here, or to the BBB, or to any other regulating agency because it IS as bad as I have suggested and they WILL be held accountable.

As for my "intentions" here, Capital One has recently assured me that because Discount Spas Direct sent me a scrambled e-mail document, purporting to be a proof of refund (that could not yet be confirmed by them), I have no need to force a refund as I am protected against both manufacturer and vendor by them now. (Thanks again to Erik's helpful site and advice!!!!)

I ASSURE you, we will hear a lot more about spa owner's mistreatment from profit-pigs that care more about the bottom line then the people, namely their customers, who put the money in their banks in the first place and the ways we can seek and exact the justice we need, long, long after my money is back in the bank!

Here's to the consumers who don't let them get away with it despite all the run around and bullying!!!!

My intentions here have never been to "defend" anyone, but to simply give some balance. I dount there is a company in existance that doesn't have some kind of complaint against them. Take any company name and search for it followed by the word "complain" and you'll probably find something. As for the BBB, while I do think they help somewhat, please don't be confused by the "non-profit" status. They are NOT a government organization and a LOT of people derive their income working for them. By the way, who monitors the BBB?

Since the BBB has been brought up, lets lok at some other major spa companies.

Arctic Spas - 10 complaints files in the last 36 months

Hot Springs - 19 complaints files in the last 36 months

Coleman Spas - 4 complaints files in the last 36 months

Master Spas - 10 complaints files in the last 36 months

Jacuzzi Spas - 28 complaints files in the last 36 months

Dynasty Spas - 9 complaints files in the last 36 months

As for your first email to me it's as folow (EXACTLY as follows, word for word)

"Pardon me for asking, but are you the Dr. Spa from the EPINION Consumer Report Site that had a bad experience with Thermo Spa? If so, you're the reason I didn't buy from them and the salesman was growling about you when I mentioned your posting, he said they researched it, it was all a fake, you owned another company, and you just posted it to sabatoge their business."

My response to you was that this was not me and must have been someone else using the name of "Dr. Spa". I also told you that I don't sell any product that competes with them.

though the board doesn't seem to keep a copy of sent emails, your second email to me you quoted some of my response;

"Ya know, it occurred to me.......

I should though preface this with, I have a strange sense of humor, sometimes i like to "stir the pot", and believe sometimes someone needs to play devils advocate (and I'm happy to fill the position)............."

I believe I then said....... By the same token "Hydro Spas could say the same about you :rolleyes: " (the rolling eyes smilie was there too as you quoted my in your response).

This was in referance to you stating that thermo spas claimed the complaint by the same name sake as I was a competitor out to discredit them

NEVER EVER did I accuse you of of this, I simply said it could be assumed by someone. I also preferance it with a brief explanation of my weird humor. How you have turned this into me accussing you is beyond me.

YOU SAY : You refused to respond, and sent me a 2nd e-mail suggesting that I was a dealer for a brand that competes for Hydro Spa, and then attacked my credibilty on the forum about a site providing some information about Hydro Spa's record for bad service.

I'm done with this banter. But again, my intention was only to bring some balance to the mix. Every company of any size has some complaints against them, and I'd hate to see someone rule out what could be the perfect spa (or any other product for that matter) based soley upon a micro percentage of customers having a problem.

Where did you get the Arctic Spas number?

I looked here and saw the big zippo. (the link did not work - copy and add the 'h' at the beginning.

ttp://search.bbb.org/viewreport.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spock.usshurdman.com%2F%7Eedm%2Fcommonreport.html%3Fbid%3D106215&recordid=106215.0027&type=name

I know because I had already checked them out.

My intentions here have never been to "defend" anyone, but to simply give some balance. I dount there is a company in existance that doesn't have some kind of complaint against them. Take any company name and search for it followed by the word "complain" and you'll probably find something. As for the BBB, while I do think they help somewhat, please don't be confused by the "non-profit" status. They are NOT a government organization and a LOT of people derive their income working for them. By the way, who monitors the BBB?

Hot Springs - 19 complaints files in the last 36 months

Coleman Spas - 4 complaints files in the last 36 months

Master Spas - 10 complaints files in the last 36 months

Jacuzzi Spas - 28 complaints files in the last 36 months

Dynasty Spas - 9 complaints files in the last 36 months

As for your first email to me it's as folow (EXACTLY as follows, word for word)

"Pardon me for asking, but are you the Dr. Spa from the EPINION Consumer Report Site that had a bad experience with Thermo Spa? If so, you're the reason I didn't buy from them and the salesman was growling about you when I mentioned your posting, he said they researched it, it was all a fake, you owned another company, and you just posted it to sabatoge their business."

My response to you was that this was not me and must have been someone else using the name of "Dr. Spa". I also told you that I don't sell any product that competes with them.

though the board doesn't seem to keep a copy of sent emails, your second email to me you quoted some of my response;

"Ya know, it occurred to me.......

I should though preface this with, I have a strange sense of humor, sometimes i like to "stir the pot", and believe sometimes someone needs to play devils advocate (and I'm happy to fill the position)............."

I believe I then said....... By the same token "Hydro Spas could say the same about you :rolleyes: " (the rolling eyes smilie was there too as you quoted my in your response).

This was in referance to you stating that thermo spas claimed the complaint by the same name sake as I was a competitor out to discredit them

NEVER EVER did I accuse you of of this, I simply said it could be assumed by someone. I also preferance it with a brief explanation of my weird humor. How you have turned this into me accussing you is beyond me.

YOU SAY : You refused to respond, and sent me a 2nd e-mail suggesting that I was a dealer for a brand that competes for Hydro Spa, and then attacked my credibilty on the forum about a site providing some information about Hydro Spa's record for bad service.

I'm done with this banter. But again, my intention was only to bring some balance to the mix. Every company of any size has some complaints against them, and I'd hate to see someone rule out what could be the perfect spa (or any other product for that matter) based soley upon a micro percentage of customers having a problem.

Nope, not me........ or wasn't me... or isn't me....... do you have a link to it? I'd be interested in reading it.

Oh Doc, "done with this" now???? (That's a shame, and the exact same language Mark from Hydro Spa used in his e-mail to me two nights ago! Go figure!....)

When things are JUST getting interesting about your intentions and identity and your inability to tell the truth!? When you are made to answer for the BOLD FACED & ACTIONABLE MISREPRESENTATIONS ABOVE??? This is bad for your business reputation and the businesses you have slandered here. (i.e. lied about to the detriment of their reputation)... Dr. Spa! If I read what you posted here now, and then took two mere seconds to check your facts on BBB.org, I would NEVER buy anything associated with you AND if I were one of the big and GREAT guys like Artic, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi...etc....I would shut you down and sue you right now for your self serving misrepresentations!!! (Unless you have some double secret access to a different BBB.org site stats than the rest of us.... FOR SHAME! You should check your stats, against the ACTUAL BBB site or disclaim them NOW/ASAP if you can't confirm them in good faith!:

e.g.

THE PROOF YOU ARE A LIAR WHO SHOULD BE MORE CAREFUL:

RE: The BBB

Wow, who would you suggest we trust for consumer protection information Dr. Spa? You? or the BBB? (you know the ACTUAL stats from the web-site, NOT the ones you pulled from some disgusting bacteria-filled swamp of lies you seem to be intent on selling here, while omitting the important stuff, i.e. results of corporate RESPONSE???)

....or is there a more trustworthy source we can turn to, without a proprietary interest in a specialized industry that is still small enough to hold vendors and manufacturers to their word!? As a final note to what Dr. Spa is "done with"....

Be sure to look at the RESULTS of the BBB complaints filed!

According to the BBB.org web site:]

Given at least, a more in depth, clearer reading of the site stats:

SINCE of MAY OF 2003

ARTIC (Spas, Pools & Stoves of Portland Oregon) - 1 complaint = resolved

HOT SPRINGS - ALL LISTINGS (approximately 2-5 complaints in 36 months ALL RESOLVED

COLEMAN SPAS (MAAX) - 1 complaint, in good standing RESOLVED

Master Spas - of all listings of potential sub cos. between 2 - 7 complaints all resolved or addressed and in good standing.

Jacuzzi - 32-to 33 complaints total of all sales (that could include tubs in in the bathroom????) - ALL RESOLVED & in GOOD STANDING WITH THE BBB!

Dynasty - 10 complaints - RESOLVED, CLOSED or UNPURSUABLE

------------------------------------------------------------------

COMPARED TO HYDRO SPAs (your favorite friend DRSPA for some ...increasingly CLEAR reason...that we will get to the bottom to) - in Clearwater FL, 10 complaints, 2 UNRESOLVED,

THE ONLY BBB UNSATISFACTORY RECORD LISTING out of all DRSPAS suggested service" faux pas" list...

BUT HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH DRSPA!!! Because of you, upon closer inspection of the BBB site, I finally found what might be a solid lead on the Nexus between a CLASS ACTION SUIT filed against SUNDAZE - a Hydro Spa subsidiary??? and the corporate veil they might have been hiding under! Good show! You're on the "sludge list" now Doc, in my book....can't wait to figure out what motivated such actionable misrepresentations on your part, it won't take long, and I think it might effect your bottom line....call me crazy, but I hope it was worth it!!!!! .

At this point, besides some insulting, passive, crap about "not meaning to offend"....don't you think you should step up and appologize before things get ugly?....(but you do what you think is best and we'll all stay tuned and watch how things turn out for you Champ!!!)

--------------------

If you can't sell it on ebay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Where did you get the Arctic Spas number?

I looked here and saw the big zippo. (the link did not work - copy and add the 'h' at the beginning.

ttp://search.bbb.org/viewreport.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spock.usshurdman.com%2F%7Eedm%2Fcommonreport.html%3Fbid%3D106215&recordid=106215.0027&type=name

I know because I had already checked them out.

Independent Wet Test Report and Spa Review

from "another" message board;

http://www.members.cox.net/duffman471/Spa_...ng_Analysis.htm

I didn't bother to varify the "facts" as the poster/author appears to have a lot of credibility. If you like, I'd be more than happy tyo ask him for the source of his facts.

As a side note, ya might like this;

http://www.naas.org/dirty.htm

or not :D

I shouldn't really wade in here, so I won't.

;)

Nope, not me........ or wasn't me... or isn't me....... do you have a link to it? I'd be interested in reading it.

Oh Doc, "done with this" now???? (That's a shame, and the exact same language Mark from Hydro Spa used in his e-mail to me two nights ago! Go figure!....)

When things are JUST getting interesting about your intentions and identity and your inability to tell the truth!? When you are made to answer for the BOLD FACED & ACTIONABLE MISREPRESENTATIONS ABOVE??? This is bad for your business reputation and the businesses you have slandered here. (i.e. lied about to the detriment of their reputation)... Dr. Spa! If I read what you posted here now, and then took two mere seconds to check your facts on BBB.org, I would NEVER buy anything associated with you AND if I were one of the big and GREAT guys like Artic, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi...etc....I would shut you down and sue you right now for your self serving misrepresentations!!! (Unless you have some double secret access to a different BBB.org site stats than the rest of us.... FOR SHAME! You should check your stats, against the ACTUAL BBB site or disclaim them NOW/ASAP if you can't confirm them in good faith!:

e.g.

THE PROOF YOU ARE A LIAR WHO SHOULD BE MORE CAREFUL:

RE: The BBB

Wow, who would you suggest we trust for consumer protection information Dr. Spa? You? or the BBB? (you know the ACTUAL stats from the web-site, NOT the ones you pulled from some disgusting bacteria-filled swamp of lies you seem to be intent on selling here, while omitting the important stuff, i.e. results of corporate RESPONSE???)

....or is there a more trustworthy source we can turn to, without a proprietary interest in a specialized industry that is still small enough to hold vendors and manufacturers to their word!? As a final note to what Dr. Spa is "done with"....

Be sure to look at the RESULTS of the BBB complaints filed!

According to the BBB.org web site:]

Given at least, a more in depth, clearer reading of the site stats:

SINCE of MAY OF 2003

ARTIC (Spas, Pools & Stoves of Portland Oregon) - 1 complaint = resolved

HOT SPRINGS - ALL LISTINGS (approximately 2-5 complaints in 36 months ALL RESOLVED

COLEMAN SPAS (MAAX) - 1 complaint, in good standing RESOLVED

Master Spas - of all listings of potential sub cos. between 2 - 7 complaints all resolved or addressed and in good standing.

Jacuzzi - 32-to 33 complaints total of all sales (that could include tubs in in the bathroom????) - ALL RESOLVED & in GOOD STANDING WITH THE BBB!

Dynasty - 10 complaints - RESOLVED, CLOSED or UNPURSUABLE

------------------------------------------------------------------

COMPARED TO HYDRO SPAs (your favorite friend DRSPA for some ...increasingly CLEAR reason...that we will get to the bottom to) - in Clearwater FL, 10 complaints, 2 UNRESOLVED,

THE ONLY BBB UNSATISFACTORY RECORD LISTING out of all DRSPAS suggested service" faux pas" list...

BUT HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH DRSPA!!! Because of you, upon closer inspection of the BBB site, I finally found what might be a solid lead on the Nexus between a CLASS ACTION SUIT filed against SUNDAZE - a Hydro Spa subsidiary??? and the corporate veil they might have been hiding under! Good show! You're on the "sludge list" now Doc, in my book....can't wait to figure out what motivated such actionable misrepresentations on your part, it won't take long, and I think it might effect your bottom line....call me crazy, but I hope it was worth it!!!!! .

At this point, besides some insulting, passive, crap about "not meaning to offend"....don't you think you should step up and appologize before things get ugly?....(but you do what you think is best and we'll all stay tuned and watch how things turn out for you Champ!!!)

--------------------

If you can't sell it on ebay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Veronica please don't take this the wrong way,

So you believe Doc to be affiliated with hydro spas???? Thats a definate NO,As he said he is and has always been here to add balance and we all appreciate his input on every subject. As far as your story about Hydro Spa and your dealings with them. You have made your point!!! We got it!! Now go buy a spa and simply get on with your life, No offense Veronica but this has gone on long enough. Dont ya think? BTW I appreciate you sending people for advice I am always glad to help out where I can.

Veronica please don't take this the wrong way,

So you believe Doc to be affiliated with hydro spas???? Thats a definate NO,As he said he is and has always been here to add balance and we all appreciate his input on every subject. As far as your story about Hydro Spa and your dealings with them. You have made your point!!! We got it!! Now go buy a spa and simply get on with your life, No offense Veronica but this has gone on long enough. Dont ya think? BTW I appreciate you sending people for advice I am always glad to help out where I can.

No Spa Man, I no longer believe Dr Spa to be connected to them in any way, given the information you gave me under the BBB topic listing, and I appologized and I would also direct people to him for advice given his reputation. Also, I agree...talking to existing spa customers (i.e. I was and plan to be one) and local dealers is much better than any information.

Ironically, in a way, I can serve to protect DRSPA's reputation, as he has at least been willing to concede he got his BBB numbers from a secondary source (the "Wet test"....that I also LOVED and found very useful)...the part that scares me is his suggestion that the top brands all had multiple complaints and Hydro Spa only had three out of 100,000 so the information could be construed as them being good to their customers.

That just ain't the facts folks.....THEY are they only one out of the brands DRSPA listed and called into question that are in a NEGATIVE standing with the BBB, which I have to suggest might mean: not only do they not bother to resond to their consumers, but they don't even care to offer the BBB, at least a nationally recognized agency regarding business practices, a response. (plus other complaints on other sites, plus evidence of a class action suit against a company they seem to be connected to, plus the fact that they manufacture under other brands but are still responsible for customer service as the manufacturer).

Besides just going and buying my new spa, I can't help but want to protect and empower others from the same type of experience I had, by my OWN mistakes. BUT I absolutely, sincerely, whole-heartedly appologize for my less than restrained language towards DRSPA and await some confirmation that the facts he posted as true, have been checked, corrected or verified, as he suggested he would be happy to do.