Scumbug Vs. Zorbie

Has anyone used both the scumbug and the zorbie that can compare the two?

I've used the Zorbie several times, and have not been all that impressed with the job it did. Plus, it's expensive ($16 here) and non-reusable/cleanable (replaced at every fill).

Is the scumbug any better? I know it's cheaper, and sounds like it can last longer since it is reusable/cleanable, but does it do a good job absorbing oils, etc?

I have used scumbugs for several years. If you rinse them out every few weeks they can last up to a year (as long as the grand nieces and grand nephews don't decide they are a good item to play catch with in the pool! :blink: )

Never used a Zorbie so I really cannot comment.

I vouch for the Scumbug. Like Waterbear, I've never used a Zorbie.

I used to think I was wasting my money until my daughter came to visit with some of her friends. I don't know what sort of make-up, lotions etc.. those girls were wearing but the next day the center of my normally white scumbug was a yellow/brown color!! So yes I can vouch that it works!

Jeffinpickering: I'm presuming, by your name, that you live in Pickering.

Not sure if you know this, but scumbugs are available at Canadian Tire.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2/OutdoorLiving/PoolsAccessories/PoolChemicalslAccessories/PRDOVR~0813324P/Scumbug.jsp?locale=en#tab_page_reviews_li

I vouch for the Scumbug. Like Waterbear, I've never used a Zorbie.

I used to think I was wasting my money until my daughter came to visit with some of her friends. I don't know what sort of make-up, lotions etc.. those girls were wearing but the next day the center of my normally white scumbug was a yellow/brown color!! So yes I can vouch that it works!

Thanks for the info spanky I will get a scumbug, I just had some freinds over and we all got into the hot tub, the majority were females and the next morning i had scum everywhere. Its usually just me and my male housemates that get in and we never have scum. Also could be from having 8 people in though.