Balboa 54358 Key S 100D Push Pump Start Botton And Something Just Clicks

sherrell

Hi all

I recently got a hot tub from a friend of mine and the pump is not coming on. I have checked the power source and everything is good.

what it is doing is when i turn on the main power to the hot tub you hear two clicks one right after the other coming from the circuit

board. when you go to the controls and try and turn on the pump all it does is make a click noes in the circuit board. i have checked the

fueses and there is one blown fuse and it seems to be the main 30 amp fuse in the top left corner of the curcuit pannell. not sure what it

serves. the heater is working fine and the lights are working only thing that i cant seen to get to work is the pump motor. so i took the

motor off and just hooked it up direct to the power source and it is running fine so it rules out the motor. It seems to me that there is something

wrong in the circuit board. also i took the ozone of and took it apart and it was completely burnt up but pump still doesn't come on when

i have that disconnected. also do you have to have water in the spa to make the pump turn over like is there somekind of sensor that

tells it not to turn on when it is dry. also i am not getting any kind of error code to help. . . sure hope someone has an idea for me.

Thanks

When you ran the pump on the bench, did you check the amp rating against the label on the motor? It could be drawing too much current, and that would blow the fuse.

Fuses do sometimes go bad with age - they are carefully designed to blow at a lower amp flow as they age rather than blowing at a higher (more dangerous) amp flow. I would replace that bad fuse, and see if the motor comes back to life -

that is, AFTER I had run the motor on the bench to check it's amp draw.

When you replace the fuse, be very sure it is with a "Slo-blo" type of fuse. Check with the precious owner to see if it has been replaced before: it is common for DIY to replace with a regular fuse, but that type of motor has a large in-rush of current when you start it, and the fuse has to allow for that, but then safely blow if the pump continues to draw too much current.

HTH

B)