Laars Lite Lld400 Won't Fire Up

Pilot1

Hello,

I've been searching this issue online and came across this forum. It's been very helpful.

my problem goes like this: The HSI igniter glows but the valve won't open. I was able t narrow it down to low voltage reaching the valve. It's recieving about 18v instead of the specified 24 v. Is 18 v too low to open the valve?

I checked the output from the transformer and It's where it's supposed to be at 28v.

Why would volatge drop about 10 v (from 28 to 18), from the transformer, through the switches and the fenwal controller, to the valve?

Any help or suggestions on what to test/do next is appreciated.

If you know you are testing the voltages correctly, then the Fenwal is sinking the voltage with an internal short.

To test, find another 28V source and feed that to the regulator. If it click on and fires, its the Fenwal.

Scott

Thank you PoolGuy and Bugman. I have shorted the lead to pressure switch and it fired right up. There was 28 v going into it but only 19 coming out. That's the good news. the bad news is while I was taking out the lead wires off, the switch broke and water started shooting out. But I guess I needed a new switch any way. Now I am looking for one online and they more expensive than I thought.

About the codes I were getting, the fenwal blinks once, meaning Air Flow problem but I do not have a blower! Anyway the fenwal was not getting 24v becuase of the bad pressure switch, and it works fine once it recieves 24v. I need to check if it still blinks when the valve fires up.

Would a pressure switch with 3.1 PSI minimum rating work even though the manual says to use a 2.0 PSI switch? Also the manual syas to put some 50 w oil in the copper tube of the switch. I assume this is needed to keep water away from the switch to prevent corrosion. Would 10-40 oil be OK?

I have never oiled a switch.

Higher pressure settings are used for flooded suction environments. If you have a large enough pump, say 1.5 HP and up, it should produce enough flow. Most switches have a knurled dial that would allow you to reduce the pressure it's looking for.so if you have a small pump or variable speed, they can be turned down some. Just make sure you have enough water flow through the heat exchanger.

Scott