Marquis Mirage Pricing

mcgratpj

Hello all:

Any help would be appreciated, but I am looking at a Marquis Mirage for my home. It is the floor model at a local place in Rochester, NY. It is the 220 version with the 160 gallon pump. It does not have the constellation lights, which is unfortunate, but I will not lose sleep about it.

Where we are placing the tub is in tough spot, and this tub is the largest one I have found that can fit in there (and it's going to have about 1" clearance as it is to get under an arch).

Anyway, the quoted price was $7500.

I have bought stuff from this guy before, and he seems on the up and up. They began selling spas about 6 months ago. As far as I can see, they are the only dealer in Rochester that sells Mirage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I noted another user that is in Buffalo that has one of these - I hope they can chime in.

I have Marquis as a competitor, here on the 'other' coast, and I find them to be a well-built tub. The customers I meet who come into our store for supplies and things are generally only walking in my door because we are closer, not because they have any disagreement or dissatisfaction with their dealer. If I ask them why they chose them over us, it's usually something about size, shape, color, a smokin' hot deal on a floor model, leftover, or something like that, inferring that our products seemed similar in quality to them. Of course I'm going to say that I think HotSpring is FAR better, but what else would I say? :rolleyes:

I know the company was owned by it's employees, I don't know it that is still true (I have not heard about any changes, but so many things can change in a down economy), but I respect that in any company of this type.

Aside from that, be sure your dealer has come to your home to see what sounds to me like a difficult delivery. It makes things go so much smoother if all parties have all the information :blink: - sliding a large spa under an arch is no fun without the right equipment and number of people. You might consider having a couple of extra strong people on hand on the delivery day, whether they end up helping or not. Also, what a nice surprise it is for any dealer to have the path completely cleared of patio furniture, trash cans, dirt and debris, low limbs, firewood, breakable lawn art, and so on! :D It generally takes about twice as much room as you think it will to make turns, so having an extra-wide path clear is awesome.

I don't know if this is what you were looking for, I'm sure others will chime in - HTH

B)

Hello,

Live in the Buffalo area and a VERY happy owner of a Marquis Mirage. great tub!!!!... I got mine in Aug 2011, and the price was $6824.00 (tax included), also included, delivery and set up, steps, cover, cover lifter, chems.. what was included in your quote?... now mine is a 2011 model, so perhaps the price has gone up for 2012 models. Since your dealer has only been selling tubs for 6 months, do they have a full service dept, should any problems arise?.. no problems whatsoever so far with my tub!.. How many people would be using the tub?.. will only sit 4 fairly comfortably, and 3 very comfortably.. good luck with you search and possible purchase!... wet test. if at all possible... If you go this route, I think you will be very pleased with Marquis!... any other questions, let me know... all the best!

Excellent - I was hoping dodgyswa would respond! Thank you!

Anyway, sitting on my hands has had the effect of the price dropping to $7300 and again to $6995 (tax not included). Of course, that has also had the effect of my eye wandering.

To answer, they don't have a full service department that I can see. We aren't looking to have too many people in the tub, but we are a family of four (little kids, and they prefer the pool across the street at the neighbor's anyway). I don't see us entertaining in the hot tub, as I would worry of others' hygiene and entering what essentially is a bathtub.

I have heard good reviews of Marquis, and I plan to go look at the Promise tomorrow (this will also fit in our spot). I was concerned that the Marquis has only the one stage pump, although it is a smaller tub so maybe I am out of my head for being concerned. My guy says the Promise is a newer model http://www.marquisspas.com/hot_tub/models/the-promise.asp as I saw a different one at an online store with the same name but far fewer features.

Dodgyswa, I travel through Buffalo and Jamestown a lot, and am aware of Colley's. I gave them a ring, and they can do it for $6750 but the delivery to Rochester is $500. It was still $50 cheaper than the local folks as of 5pm, however.

We were going out with the kids this weekend and found a place selling Master Spas. We weren't thrilled with what they looked like, as it was a bit dated looking, but for the same price we could drive a Twilight 6.2 with more jets and a two stage pump system. http://www.twilightseriesspas.com/twilight_series_spas-model_ts62.php Complete installation, including delivery, cover, steps, and a 220 line run was $8100. I didn't opt for anything other than the base model in this, as the upgrades made the spa less attractive (we were able to put a skirt together with a tub color with which we could live, as they would need to build a new one due to having none in stock). I will note that there were a significant number of little clear "floaties" in the test tub.

Asthetically, I am a bigger fan of the Marquis tubs. Unfortunately, the Mirage has no water in it to see it in action.

I will do some homework on the Master Spa, but I can't say it would be my first choice. Gut feeling.

I'm not sure what you mean by single stage pumps, but you may be mis-informed, all Marquis line spas have dual speed pumps, their e-series or everyday series spas sometimes have a second pump that is single speed.

The Mirage jet action isn't bad because it is split 3 ways in the current model, but if you are going to hook it up 240 volt, opt for the upgrade to the 160 GPM pump, it is a bolt-in swap for the dealer and is a factory available option. I bet you could get the dealer to upgrade it for the price he is offering.

The 120 volt hookup limits the available pump size, as well as the heating ability of any spa pack of any brand.

As a service tech, I shudder to think of yet another spa installed in such a way servicing most of it will be near impossible, but hey - it happens all the time. If you are going to do that, you are at least choosing a good brand.

Your gut feeling on Master spas is real - cheesy manufacturing compared to something of quality. With your install it would be like buying a Fiat and welding the hood shut.

Marquis is still a worker owned factory, I know that leads to a better give-a-damn factor amongst workers when it comes to quality and attention to detail.

Ok, all. My guy has really bent over backwards to make the Marquis Mirage work for me both price-wise and location-wise.

I mentioned the Marquis Promise. This thing looks huge in comparison, but will fit in my space. Two pumps! Bigger, better, faster, more! Not much more money! Constellation lighting (I have no idea why I really like this, but it appeals to me).

So, now I have to do the "gotta talk to the wife" move. The price diff is only about 7 bills, and we can fit people in this one if we so choose. SPA GURU - I was trying to say it only had one pump! Newbie language.

Get home, plead my case. Done. I texted my guy, and I am going to put a deposit down tomorrow.

Thank you guys for your help. I am really excited about this spa! Thanks for giving me the thumbs up on Marquis as well. It is new to our market, my wife works for a major employer in our area (meaning that she has co-workers with plenty of opinions). Glad to be buying from a employee-owned company as well.

Expect me to bother you when I screw up the water quality. Inevitable.

There are no dumb questions when it comes to taking care of your new tub - ask away!

And welcome to spatopia - may you soak long and prosper.

B)

Hi again... just wondering.. did you purchase the Promise?... was in Colley's last week to pick up some chems, and saw they had one on display... beautiful tub!... anyway, if your did go ahead with the purchase, CONGRATS!!!!!... Enjoy!...you're gonna love it!... keep us posted how it works out... Ok, back for a another soak in my Mirage..all the best!

• 2 weeks later...